Thread: Toshiba T115 new BIOS 1.90 keeps FAN running constantly

Toshiba T115 new BIOS 1.90 keeps FAN running constantly

I am facing a weird problem with the Toshiba laptop which I am using. I have a Toshiba Satellite T115 laptop which is installed with Windows Vista operating system. The laptop was working fine till I updated the BIOS on the laptop. Now after upgrading the BIOS on Toshiba T115, the FAN keeps running constantly. I am not sure what is causing such problem and hence need your help. So if anybody has a solution for this problem then please suggest some. Thanks in advance.

Re: Toshiba T115 new BIOS 1.90 keeps FAN running constantly

The BIOS update procedure which you must have carried out must have faced some problems while updation due to which you are facing such problems. The BIOS update procedure must be carried out under lot of card. If the update procedure fails then the motherboard of the laptop cannot be used again. If the procedure is carried out in the Windows environment then it gives rise to some problems. Try running the update procedure from the command prompt and then see if the same problem continues. Updating the BIOS from the command prompt will solve the problem.

The laptop which you are using must be getting overheated due to which the fan is continuously running. The cooling fan only works when the temperature of the internal components of the laptop crosses the threshold level. Therefore install some hardware temperature monitoring software on the laptop and check all the working temperature of all the components of the laptop. If the temperature of the components is rising, then clean the laptop as dust can block the airflow to all the internal components of the laptop. After cleaning the laptop see if the performance of the laptop improves.

I was also facing similar problem with my Toshiba T115 laptop after upgrading the BIOS from 1.60 to 1.90 version. The fan of the laptop used to run at full speed creating lot of sound after BIOS upgradation. I tried to find out a proper solution for the problem and found out that the version 1.90 of BIOS which is available has some problems due to which the fan runs continuously. I had to install the BIOS version 1.60 again on the laptop to make it work properly. Hence I would suggest that you install the BIOS update 1.60 again on the laptop and see if the laptop is working properly or not.

Thanks for replying to the post really fast. As suggested I checked all the working temperatures of the components and found out that there is nothing wrong with it. I installed the BIOS update 1.60 and removed 1.90 which apparently solved the problem. But after BIOS installation, the Laptop sometime boots and sometimes does not boot. When the power button is pressed, all the LED's on the laptop glow but nothing happens. How to solve this issue?

I am glad that the solution worked for you. Most of the laptops face the problem with the residual charge storage. Residual charge gets stored near the RAM chips of the computer. If the residual charge reaches a threshold level then the system will not be able to access the RAM chips. If the system is not able to access the RAM chips, the system will not boot. Therefore clear the residual charge from the laptop, shut down the laptop and remove the battery from the laptop. Press and hold the power button. Keep the button pressed for about 30 seconds. Replace the battery and see if the laptop works properly or not.

How do you go back and install a previous version of BIOS? and then remove the newer one?

Quote Originally Posted by Southdixielady View Post
    How do you go back and install a previous version of BIOS? and then remove the newer one?
    I think that it is not possible to install a previous version of BIOS if a new version is already flashed. When you flash the BIOS you overwrite the original. Some BIOS flash software allows you do a backup before the flash takes place. If you didn't do this then the original is lost forever. Which laptop do you want to flash bios by the way?