Thread: Toshiba Satellite A505-S6960 video card upgrade

Toshiba Satellite A505-S6960 video card upgrade

The graphics of my laptop are really gone bad. While playing games on my laptop the such as Counter Strike the graphics are very bad and the screen flickers. If I play the game for a long time then the the game crashes. Why is this happening? Do I need to upgrade my video card? How is it possible?

Re: Toshiba Satellite A505-S6960 video card upgrade

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing all the high end graphics game. Sometimes this does works. When I installed GTA and NFS-Shift on my Lenovo IdeaPad S10, I was able to play the game well for months and then suddenly they used to crash. I just un-installed them all and re-installed them again and it worked for me.

Update Motherboard

You can upgrade the graphic card of your laptop, but for Toshiba I guess you would have to completely change you motherboard. For most of the laptops that are available the graphics are usually on the motherboard and hence cannot be upgraded independently. For that you would have to upgrade the motherboard.

Close Background processes

Yes, from your description it seems to be an issue rooting to your laptop's graphics. The reason your laptop was playing games with any graphical issue earlier was because probably there might be lesser application installed on your laptop. Now with the time you might have installed more application and thus your CPU and RAM resources might be shared by a number of application thereby affecting your gaming performance. So while playing game close all unnecessary background processes.

The problem can be because the video card of your laptop might have gone bad or is going to go down in the near future. It is a clear indication that the laptop needs update an your video card for sure needs a treatment. Might be the Toshiba service center might help you out to replace the video card to get it working perfectly as it was working earlier.

Have you tried installing the graphics drivers for your laptop. Might be due to some or the other reason the laptop's graphics drivers might be corrupted or damaged. In such situation it is wise to have them installed again. So you need to re-install the graphics drivers again and then try playing the game. Also check if the drivers require and update for playing the video games.