Thread: Toshiba Satellite A205-S4617 freezes then lines appear

Toshiba Satellite A205-S4617 freezes then lines appear

Hello people, I am facing a weird problem with the Toshiba laptop which I am using. I have Toshiba Satellite A205-S4617 laptop which is installed with Windows XP operating system. The laptop was working properly but from few days when the laptop freezes randomly while working and lines start appearing on the screen. This problem began from few days. The laptop also freezes when the AC adapter is connected to the laptop. Therefore if anybody knows why Toshiba Satellite A205-S4617 freezes then lines appear then please share some information.

Re: Toshiba Satellite A205-S4617 freezes then lines appear

The operating system on the computer must be not working properly due to which the system is freezing. There are lot of files which are associated to the operating system of the computer. If any of the file which is associated to the operating system of the computer is not working properly then the operating system will not work properly. Try reinstalling or repairing the Windows installation on the computer and see if it helps. Insert the installation disk and boot the system from the disk. Select Repair windows installation option or install a fresh copy of Windows on the system. Let the procedure complete. After completing the procedure, see if the problem continues or not.

I think it is a overheating issue. To process any applications or process on the computer, CPU has to work which generates heat. There is a threshold temperature set for the CPU of the computer till which the computer works properly. If the temperature of the CPU reaches threshold temperature then the performance of the computer falls and if the temperature increases above threshold then the system freezes. Therefore see if the cooling fan of the laptop is working properly or not. If the fan is covered with dust then clean it as dust can block the air flow in the laptop.

Open the laptop and remove the hard drive of the laptop. The operating system of the computer is stored on the hard drive of the computer. If the hard drive of the computer is corrupt, the system will not be able to boot the operating system which will give rise to various problems. Hence remove the hard drive and connect it to some other computer. Check if the hard drive is getting detected. If the hard drive is getting detected, run different diagnostic tools and see all the errors which are faced by the tool. If the problem is of solvable nature then solve it else you will have to replace the hard drive of the laptop.

The AC adapter which you are using to charge the laptop is faulty and hence the laptop freezes when it is connected. Laptops require a specific voltage to work and hence the adapter must provide correct value of voltage. Check the output voltage of the AC adapter of the laptop using a Digital multimeter. The voltage should be equal to the voltage that is specified in the ratings. If the voltage is not same, then the adapter is faulty and needs to be replaced. After replacing the adapter, you will not face the same problem again.

Motherboard of the computer is the important peripheral to which all the other devices are connected. Hence if the motherboard of the computer is not working properly the computer is bound to give such problems which you are facing. Take the laptop to the service center of Toshiba and get it checked thoroughly by the technician. If the motherboard of the laptop is faulty then get it replaced. If the laptop is under warranty, it will be replaced for free, else sole service charge along with cost of hardware which is replaced will be levied.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasey View Post
    Hello people, I am facing a weird problem with the Toshiba laptop which I am using. I have Toshiba Satellite A205-S4617 laptop which is installed with Windows XP operating system. The laptop was working properly but from few days when the laptop freezes randomly while working and lines start appearing on the screen. This problem began from few days. The laptop also freezes when the AC adapter is connected to the laptop. Therefore if anybody knows why Toshiba Satellite A205-S4617 freezes then lines appear then please share some information.
    Did you solve the problem? I´m facing it too. Do you know what is happening to your note?

Did you solve the problem? I´m facing it too. Do you know what is happening to your note?
    The most probable reason for this is an overclocking. As told by "Odalis", ""To process any applications or process on the computer, CPU has to work which generates heat. There is a threshold temperature set for the CPU of the computer till which the computer works properly.""