Thread: Hosted BES with my own Exchange Server?

Hosted BES with my own Exchange Server?

Hello to all,
    I have set up Exchange 2003 server in my office and I want to set it on my Blackberry device. In my office 10 people have blackberry device. I want to host BES in conjunction with our own Exchange server. Can anyone tell me how to Hosted BES with my own Exchange Server? Please help me.
    Thank you.

Re: Hosted BES with my own Exchange Server?

Hey as per my information BlackBerry Enterprise Service (BES) is not as complicated if you can manage the Exchange server of yours. You can use two options.
    1.You can use BES if there are about 1000 + server.
    or
    2.If there are less than 15 users then you have to use about 1000 or less BPS on your exchange serve.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Why don't you use Wireless BlackBerry Enterprise Service. Connect your BlackBerry with ExchangeMyMail.com's BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.1 to provide you and your mobile workforce a seamlessly integrated, wireless extension of their email accounts - right in the palm of your hand. Fully integrated with Hosted Microsoft Exchange Service, the BlackBerry makes creating and retrieving information amazingly simple with an optimized keyboard, thumb-operated trackwheel, easy-to-read backlit screen and intuitive menu-driven interface.

As per my knowledge BlackBerry Enterprise Service (BES) needs a MAPI connection to your Exchange Server. You must sure that there is no hosted BES on your local network, this is to prevent MAPI connection. You will have to get your own BES. If you want to try it then download BES. To get this you have to get more licenses as per your comfort.

I think you have to set up remote site with BlackBerry Enterprise Service (BES) and then you have to turn off BES services. You also have to copy the database of the BES to the remote site every night. Now you have to restore database at remote site and then turn on services. After this you can now use the server.