Thread: Apple iPod frozen no lite screen

Apple iPod frozen no lite screen

I have an iPod capacity of 8GB and connected to my USB 2.0 port for charging the battery and in evening, I forgot that I have connected the device already and restarted the PC and PC stopped the process of shut down at J:drive and reported a 'CD' was trying to start up windows.,

I find that iPod was plugged in and I pulled out from USB port, PC restarted well, . reinstalled the jack back into the PC once started. Again, in the morning ,I saw that my iPod was still connected to the system for 12 hours of charge, and I just pulled out and then found that I am unable to get the device to 'lite' up . it just sits there with a darkened screen showing me the device is still plugged in.

Commonly, an iPod or iPhone may freeze or get failed to respond after your commands. It can be done because of so many reasons and does not create any serious issue with your device. Sometimes they just need to take a restart much like the way your computer gets reset once in a while.

Restarting an iPod or iPhone is a easy process that doesn't remove any of your music, data files, or customized preferences.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

You need test that your hold switch is off which is done by sliding the switch away from the headphone jack. The hold switch is placed in the top of the corner of iPod. If you are able to get orange color internal pad then just understand that iPod has been locked. To unlock the iPod, slide the switch in the opposite position.

It should be used after you are getting failed to find the solution to use the restart procedure.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

This happens commonly when the proper processing of firmware update to complete the installation before disconnecting the iPod. You need to try these steps.

Resetting of iPod:

1. Turn the Hold switch on, then go back to off mode.
    2. Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons for near about 10 seconds until Apple logo gets displayed.
    3. You may require to repeat the reset many times.

If you are unable to reset the iPod and it is not working more then turn your iPod into forced disk mode.

Apple suggests that you to be confirm about your iPod is charged before following the next step. How actually you test a charge on an iPod screen that is entirely white has yet to be revealed. Plug the iPod into a high-powered USB port, connect it for near about 2 hours and then disconnect it.

1. Turn the Hold switch on, then back to off.
    2. Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons until the Apple logo appears
    3. Now, Quickly switch your figures to press and hold the Select and the Play/Pause buttons until "Disk Mode" get displayed at the top.