Thread: Restore my portege to factory settings w/o Discs

Restore my portege to factory settings w/o Discs

Hi,
    I have a Toshiba Portege s100-s1133 laptop. When I go the laptop I did not received any recovery disc with the same. I had tried to locate the disc but I had not found the same anywhere. Now I want to run factory settings but I am not able to locate any resource for the same. Where can I get the recovery disc for this laptop model. Does anyone has any idea on the same.

Re: Restore my portege to factory settings w/o Discs

You must check your PC. Most of the laptop has a recover partition in them. The CD is created from it. You can see only two partition on your computer. The first shows you the windows drive and other is the system partition. Shutdown you laptop and then press 0 key for a while. Then don't leave the key and press power on button. The recovery process will begin.

I had just restored my Toshiba laptop by the recovery partition. I was not aware of the same. I came to know about this on a the customer support of Toshiba. There is a recovery partition which has the clone of entire c drive where windows is stored. You can run that from Start menu > programs or simply use the 0 key on the startup of laptop.

Check the user guide which you receive with the laptop. The user guide have some very useful tips for recovering Windows and setting back your factory settings.Usually the most common solution for this pressing the 0 key on reboot which runs the recovery manager and the system is restored. You can give a try for that and if that works then you does need a recovery disc.

It is possible to get the recovery disc from Toshiba support. You have to just contact them and ask for the recovery disc for your laptop model. Once you got you can run that and for this I think you might need to pay some shipping charges. But the copy of your operating system is genuine and for this it is quiet right pay out some amount of the recovery CD.

If you laptop is still in working condition then you can type restore on the Start > Run box. Hit OK here and then you will get a window which provide yo service to run the restore application. First you can try a system restore to revert back old settings and if that works then you will does not need to perform a fresh installation. Otherwise check your start menu for the recovery manager.