Thread: Satellite A505 - HDMI won't connect to tv

Satellite A505 - HDMI won't connect to tv

I have a Toshiba Satellite A505 laptop. Recently I tried to connect it to my LG high definition LCD television, but it failed. The Toshiba Satellite A505 laptop has 1 HDMI ports while LG LCD TV has 3 ports. Now I have tried all the possible connection but there seems to be some issue because the TV is not getting connected to my laptop. Though I was successful twice but now it is not at all working. Please help.

Re: Satellite A505 - HDMI won't connect to tv

I would suggest you to retry all the sockets. Use the F5 function key to select the output option of your choice between a TV only or Screen output. Also you would have to reboot your laptop on each reboot so that the settings are applied. Might be this solves the issue for you. Also you may refer to your laptop manual for assistance.

Check if the port at the back panel of the LCD television is functioning properly or not. Also check the HDMI port of your laptop by trying to connect it to another television. The issue might also be because of the HDMI cable is damaged. You may try purchasing a new HDMI cable to check if it works or not, or use the HDMI cable on another television to check if it is working or not.

I searched Google for any software that would allow me to connect my Toshiba Satellite A505 laptop to LG TV and I found one. But after installing it my laptop is displaying a Blue Screen at the start-up and then hangs for about 4-5 minutes and then boots to Windows. So please tell me how to deal with this Blue Screen error?

I guess your third party software which you installed is the reason that you are getting the Blue Screen error. So at first you need to uninstall that software from your system. You may boot to safe mode with the F8 at the Start-Up and then Safely uninstall the application that you installed to connect your laptop to the LG TV.