Thread: Wrong BIOS Update

Wrong BIOS Update

There is a serious issue with my Toshiba Satellite U405-S2856 laptop. This has happened ever since I tried to update the BIOS. After I tried updating the BIOS whenever I start my laptop it just gives a Black screen. I guess I made a wrong BIOS update. It is just as if the laptop does not powers on at all.

Re: Wrong BIOS Update

Power off the laptop. Carefully unplug the AC adapter. Take the battery out. Now press the power button of your laptop for about 30 - 40 seconds. After that place the battery back in its place. And see if the laptop powers on or not. If the problem is not solved them again follow the same method but this time do not remove the battery.

This issue can also be because of the RAM. I had a similar issue with my Dell Vaio laptop. Whenever I would boot my laptop it used to display a Blue Screen and then would boot after a long time. With the help of my computer technician I was able to fix the error as it was generated by a faulty RAM.

Check if there are any lights displayed when the laptop is booted. Reboot your system and keep pressing on the F8 key to get your laptop to boot to Safe Mode. In Safe mode uninstall the lastly installed third party software which might be responsible for this outcome. Reboot your laptop and if the problem persist reply back.

Yes for me also it seems to be an error because of some hardware equipment of your Toshiba laptop. It can be because the RAM memory has gone corrupted, or the hard drive is having a BAD Sector which forbids the Windows Booting. If your laptop has a video card then it might also be responsible for this Black screen. So to fix this issue you can carry your laptop to the customer care center to get it fixed.