Thread: How to restore my L510 to factory settings w/o Discs

How to restore my L510 to factory settings w/o Discs

Hi.
    I have a L510 laptop which is not working properly. I want to restore this laptop to factory settings as it was before. But in my model when try to press the default keys that is c or 0 nothing works here. The factory settings option does not work. I am not able to enter the factory settings wizard here. What should I do now here to restore factory settings of my laptop.

Re: How to restore my L510 to factory settings w/o Discs

You will have to checkout the model number of your laptop on the official site of Toshiba Laptop. Because it might be possible that the recovery manager is not provided to all the possible models of Satellite laptop. Or else your laptop is already formatted before for fresh Windows installation due to which the recovery manager partition is deleted.

If you have the manual of the laptop then in that you can see that by press the 0 key along with power on, the laptop runs the recovery manger wizard. You might have not able to press the key combination properly. So just give out a try and then check back. You must first check that your system must have a system partition given at the time of purchase.

If your laptop does not enter recovery manger by pressing 0 + power on button then you will need a Recovery disk for that. Do you have any. You can make that if your laptop is working. The program is located in the Start Menu. When you run the program it prompts you to insert a blank disc to create a recovery cd. Try that out or you can contact the Toshiba Support for a recovery cd.

For running the factory settings you must have a system partition in your laptop. If it absent or deleted then you cannot run a factory settings. But there is a other way where you can order a recovery CD from the Toshiba Support. You have to contact them via official site where after confirming your authenticity they will send you the recovery disc on some charge.

The same happened to me where I forget to burn a disc for my laptop. I had never thought that one day this issue is going to come. But if your laptop is working then you can use a third part software to create a recovery disc. For this you need a software called Hiren's Boot CD. You can choose a boot profile there and restore your system. Otherwise contacting to the Toshiba support will a better alternative.