Thread: A45-S120 - WinXP corrupted, unable to change boot order to restore from DVD recovery medium

A45-S120 - WinXP corrupted, unable to change boot order to restore from DVD recovery medium

My Windows seems to be corrupted. I am using Toshiba A45-S120 laptop. Since the last week whenever I boot my laptop the initial Windows Logo appears and then the system logs off on its own. This happens a number of times and only then the system logs in Windows. I am using Windows XP Service Pack 2 operating system. I am also unable to restore Windows as I am not getting the CD/DVD drive listed in the Change Boot order.

Boot A45-S120 in Safe Mode

Instead of changing the Booting sequence to re-install Windows you should first try to check if the laptop boots in Safe Mode or not. For this restart you laptop and key tapping the F8 key. This will boot your laptop to safe mode. If it succeeds then run a thorough system scan as the issue can be caused by virus or trojan or related malicious programs.

Re: A45-S120 - WinXP corrupted, unable to change boot order to restore from DVD recovery medium

It can be an issue of the physical connections of your system. Might be the connection is loosen somewhere. Take the assistance of a computer technician and check that all the connection are proper. If your laptop has a disk drive then it should be listed in the booting sequence option, if not listed then the issue is with the connection.

Re: A45-S120 - WinXP corrupted, unable to change boot order to restore from DVD recovery medium

Check that you are pressing the proper button to get the BIOS setup. Usually the Vendor screen will display for you the button which will display the BIOS setup at the booting time. Once you get the BIOS setup check whether you are getting the hard drive partitions listed or not. And then format the Windows Drive from there.

Make use of Linux Distribution

To fix this issue you can take help of a Linux distribution. Load a Linux distribution in a pendrive or any USB drive. Plug it in your laptop and just set the booting sequence to boot from it. This will load Linux on your system, using which you can take the necessary backup of your files and then the system to fix the issue