Thread: Macbook vs iPad

Macbook vs iPad

Hello there, I need your advice in selecting the right gadget for me. Earlier I thought of buying a Macbook Pro but after release of Apple Ipad, I am really confused on which gadget to buy. According to me all the features which are provided by the macbook are there in the iPad and hence I am thinking of buying Ipad. So people please help me in choosing correct device between Macbook vs iPad. Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Re: Macbook vs iPad

Many people think of the Ipad as the mini computer which can replace the laptops but Ipad is only a portable reader and cannot be used to run many Mac os x applications. Ipad can only run the applications which are made specially for the Ipad which are available at the iStores. Hence replacing macbook with an Ipad is not a very good idea.

The features which are provided by the apple Ipad are also provided by the Iphone. Iphone also allows the user to call which is not supported by the Ipad. Therefore instead of buying Ipad instead of Macbook, I would suggest you to buy Iphone instead of Ipad which will be more useful to you than the Ipad. Therefore before deciding on which gadget to buy check and compare all the features of the devices.

Macbook provides the feature to sync different devices with it. iTunes can be installed on the macbook and devices such as Ipad, Ipod and Iphone can be synced to it. On the other hand the devices like Ipad does not allow the devices to be synced with it. Hence according to me, macbook will be a wiser choice between the Macbook and the Ipad.

Ipad is only useful when you want portable internet connection on the portable pdf reader. Ipad has a wifi connectivity which is very useful in a portable PDF reader as you can download all the stuff while roaming. I agree that it is not useful like a macbook but still the gadget is worth buying. I think you should buy both the Macbook and the Ipad as both are equally useful.