Thread: Battery icon always says "On AC Power" HELP!

Battery icon always says "On AC Power" HELP!

Hello Friends,

I am using Toshiba Satellite M55 laptop from two months and using windows XP operating system with it. But from few days it showing some problems. The icon of battery says "On AC Power", this happened even if my Toshiba laptop is plugged in or not. I have used many tricks but nothing was helpful. If you posses any solution over this issue, then please aware about that. Your any help would be greatly appreciable.

Re: Battery icon always says "On AC Power" HELP!

According to me you Toshiba Satellite M55 laptop might comprises some hardware issues. Because of this hardware issue the battery icon always shows 'On AC Power'. If you wan to resolve this issue, then please contact to the nearest service center of your Toshiba laptop. I think this is the safe way to resolve this problem.

I don't have any exact idea about how to resolve this problem. But you can try to uncheck the option named as 'Always show icon on the taskbar' . You will get this option from the Advanced tab of the Power Options of control panel. After this you will need to restart you computer system in the way to check the modification.

I suggest you to follows below steps:
    • First open the Device Manager and then you will need to expand Batteries.
    • Then next step is to click over Uninstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery which by doing right click over it
    • Finally steps is to restart your system.

Thanks friends for all your instant help. All you above suggestion was very useful to resolve the battery icon issue of may Toshiba laptop. I followed the same procedure ad mentioned in above reply. Then I restart my system and surprisingly it solved the issue of battery icon that was always showing the "On AC Power". I am really appreciating all your help.