Thread: Unable to disable low battery beep on NB205

Unable to disable low battery beep on NB205

Hello friends,

Before few days I have bought Toshiba NB205 and using windows vista over it. My problem is that I am not able to disable low battery beep of my laptop. I have tried many things to disable this low battery beep, but didn't get any success. If you know how to disable low battery beep, then please try to share it with me. Your any help would be greatly appreciable. I am waiting for your reply.

Re: Unable to disable low battery beep on NB205

Have you tried to mute the system volume? if not then please try it. You can also disable the low battery from the device manager. You just need to 'none' value to the windows battery alarms. You will get this setting from the windows sounds settings. You also need to disable all sound alarms for low battery which is from the Toshiba power utility.

When you use a laptop computer that is equipped with an Advanced Power Management-enabled basic input/output system (BIOS) on battery power, you may not hear a low battery alarm if the Power Meter is not displayed on the status area of the taskbar. Additionally, if your computer has multiple batteries, an incorrect low-battery alarm may sound when you start your computer. If you open the Power Management tool in Control Panel after you start your computer, and then click the Power Meter tab, alarms work correctly.

You able to disable the low battery beep only If your system BIOS supports ACPI features. Foe that you will need to enable ACPI support in the way to customize the setting for low battery beep. I suggest you to contact to the service center of you laptop to get more details about this utility which is related to the ACPI.

Please follows below procedure to disable low battery beep:
    • First you need click over the "Volume" icon at the bottom of the screen.
    • Then next step is to mute the volume for the volume control maned as 'PC Beep'.
    • Suppose this option in not available in your volume control, then you make it appear from the properties of 'Master Volume window'.