Thread: NB205 and the software Wireless Communication Switch

NB205 and the software Wireless Communication Switch

Hi there, I am having an issue with the Toshiba Mini NB205 and the software Wireless Communication Switch which i have upgraded from Windows XP to the Windows 7 and installed all software and update to the same. But after going through all the thing i found that mt function keys are not working with the Flashcard utility. Also the Fn + F8 key does respond to the wireless and the Flashcard gives the error that the "Wireless communication is disabled. Please turn on the Wireless communication switch.". So help me with the issue so that i can work with the problem as i am not having any physical switch for the Wireless.

Re: NB205 and the software Wireless Communication Switch

As you have installed the Windows 7 which is having all the function key setting moved to the Flash Card application so you have to go to the Toshiba Folder and then to the Start Menu after that click on the Flash Card setting and select the mouse to bring the Flash Cards. Now you will be able to see mos of the function keys here.

As you have said about the setting of the Flash card in the Windows 7 i have done the same but that does not work for me. I am having the issue with the Wi8reless connection. As soon as i press the Fn + F8 it does not enable the Wireless and display a message the "Wireless communication is disabled. Please turn on the Wireless communication switch." So if you could help me with this then let me know.

If the above reply is not working with you then let me know one thing that you have tried hardware utility? If not then it is better to download the Utility first form here and then install the same to your system which might resolve your issue. After installing the same, open the Hardware set up and then jump to the LAN tab and then on then bottom of the control panel check whether the Wireless communication is on or not

Have you updated the BIOS after installing the BIOS? If not then first update the BIOS as you have installed the latest version of the Operating System which requires the BIOS to be updated in case to get the all functionality of the same. Also the driver which you have installed in your device are compatible with the Windows 7 or not. Make sure these thing and sort out your issue.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Have you updated the BIOS after installing the BIOS? If not then first update the BIOS as you have installed the latest version of the Operating System which requires the BIOS to be updated in case to get the all functionality of the same. Also the driver which you have installed in your device are compatible with the Windows 7 or not. Make sure these thing and sort out your issue.
    Hey you are right i have to update the BIOS as i have updated the BIOS and now the problem related to the Wireless is resolved and resolved. So thanks a lot for the same.