Thread: A215 Touch pad scroll function

A215 Touch pad scroll function

I am using a Toshiba A215 Touch pad. But since the last few days I am having problems while scrolling on my touch pad. What can be the reason for this. It sometimes stops working. I have installed Windows Vista on it and ever since then I am experiencing this problem. Earlier I had Windows XP Service Pack II installed on my touch pad.

Install Drivers

My suggestion to you would be that as you have upgraded your system platform you will have to install the necessary drivers as well. This issue might be because of the necessary drivers missing. I had a similar issue on my Acer touchpad on upgrading form Windows XP to Windows Vista.

Re: A215 Touch pad scroll function

Have you checked the Scroll-lock key. As you have upgraded you operating system and facing this issue, I suggest you to custom install Windows Vista and do not upgrade it. There are many issues that have been noted due to upgradation. So you can try the custom install of Windows Vista.

Yes, I have checked the scroll lock key and it is proper. I have also tried re-installing Windows by formatting the touchpad hard drive. But even after that I am having the same issue. Even after installing Windows XP again the problem is not solved. So please suggest a valuable fix for this issue.

It seems the touch panel of your touchpad might have gone bad. If even after installing the driver the touchpad doesnot works then I guess the issue is with the touch panel only. It seems to be some hardware problem. Carry your touchpad to the nearest service center as they will assist you to fix the problem.