Thread: Disabling and enabling Lenovo touchpad

Disabling and enabling Lenovo touchpad

I installed windows 7 home edition on my Lenovo G550 . Do you recommend any method through which I can disable and enable its Alps touchpad at will ? I used to perform the same as with my old HP laptop. My old HP contains the option for disabling touchpad. Since it was also alps touchpad, I thought anybody might have a trick how to go for it?

There is an simple option displayed within the system. You can access it in very simple manner. This is manageable using one of the Lenovo created and tested programs. Besides of doing it through memory operation you need to remove entire Lenovo stuff, there should be an icon in your tray. Just make a right click on that and enter into the properties of the icon . A window would be appear at up side where you can enable and disable or set different properties for your touchpad.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

The touchpad on a notebook may get in your way when typing on keyboard.I am going to show you the method through which we can disable touchpad on all IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad series without making any changes in the BIOS.

Press Fn + F8 (Windows series )to toggle between 'enabling' and 'disabling' the touchpad. Make the touchpad insensitive when tapped:

Click on Start menu => Control Panel => Printers and Other Hardware => Mouse => Touch Pad (tab). Move the slider to the farthest left on the scale and Click "OK" when the procedure gets completed .
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

If you are working on the windows 7 then you can follow the procedure to get the destination of yourself.

From Start=>Control Panel=> Mouse =>Click on "Advanced" tab => Now Click on "Advanced feature settings" button then after Click on "Others" tab. In "USB Mouse Connection" box section, choose "Touch Pad is automatically invalidated". I always use a USB mouse and several time,it performed really well.

For getting much information about controlling over your ThinkPad touchpad:

1. Click on Start menu.
    2. From the pop-up of start menu choose Control Panel.
    3. Choose Printers and Other Hardware and then Mouse.
    4. Choose the "Device Select" tab in the dialog box of mouse and choose "Disable device" within the Touch Pad section.
    5. Now click to make checkmark in the box at the bottom (optional) where it occurs "Disable Touch Pad when USB pointing device is present".