Thread: Toshiba satellite L305D-S5893 shutdown problem or bios update problem

Toshiba satellite L305D-S5893 shutdown problem or bios update problem

Hello there, I have Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5893 laptop which has Windows Xp installed on it. Recently I tried to update the BIOS of the computer and for that I visited the official website of Toshiba but when I started downloading the update file, the computer shut itself down and now when I boot the computer, it does not shut down. When I select shut down option from Windows, it reboots the system. So if anybody has any ideas about Toshiba satellite L305D-S5893 shutdown problem or bios update problem, then please share some information which might help me in solving the problem. Thanks in advance.

Re: Toshiba satellite L305D-S5893 shutdown problem or bios update problem

Get the motherboard of the laptop checked by some technician. All the functions which are performed by the computer are controlled by motherboard of the computer. Therefore if the motherboard of the computer is not working properly then the system will give similar problems while working. Therefore get the motherboard of the laptop checked and if the motherboard of the laptop is faulty then you will have to get it replaced. After replacing the motherboard of the computer, check if you are facing same problems or not,

If the operating system installed on the computer is not working properly then the computer will give such problems. The proper working of operating system depends on lot of files. If any of the file which is associated to the operating system is corrupt or missing on the system then the operating system will not work properly. Insert the installation disk and boot the system from the disk. Select the Repair the current installation option and let the procedure complete. After completing the procedure, check if the system is booting properly or not.

There is a high possibility that the laptop is infected with some kind of virus due to which the system is not working properly. Virus's get downloaded while visiting certain website or while downloading some data from the internet. Some virus's infect the files of the operating system. If any virus infects the files of the operating system then the system will freeze intermittently. Hence scan the system and check for all the files which are infected, repair or quarantine the files which are infected. After repairing the files which are infected, see if the operating system is working properly.

Download the BIOS update file on some other computer and then install the BIOS update on the update. As you are not able to download the update files on the laptop, use some other computer to download the update file. Transfer the file to the laptop and run the utility from the command prompt. Let the procedure complete. Once the procedure is complete, see if the laptop is working properly or not.