Thread: Satellite M500 S401 Nvidia Graphics Card Not Found

Satellite M500 S401 Nvidia Graphics Card Not Found

I am using the windows 7 Pro on my Satellite M500 S401 and it has a Nvidia GeForce G210M graphics card. My problem is that my computer is not detecting this graphic card and it is using the standard VGA graphics. I have many game cd which i am not able to play on my computer so can anybody help me to make use of this graphic card on my computer?
    Last edited by Muwafaq; 08-04-2010 at 06:14 AM.

Re: Satellite M500 S401 Nvidia Graphics Card Not Found

If any graphic cards are not working on a windows 7 operating system then first reason that this issue could be related to is a graphic drivers. I have found this problem on many windows 7 operating system which does not have any drivers installed on it. And even if you try to find out the driver for the same then it would be only for the windows xp or vista. But there are many brands laptop which does not have support for the windows 7 drivers. I think you should use some other operating system in order to make real use of your graphic card.

It might happen that graphic card which you are trying to use it on your laptop would not be supported by its motherboard itself. If it is a motherboard issue then i suggest you to use some other graphic card as motherboard issue could not be solved by any mean. Though i think that it should not be any kind of motherboard issue but you may check to use this card on some other computer system.

It might happen that the graphic card itself would have got damaged. Because if your graphic card has been damaged then nobody can make it working on your or another computer system. I have seen many issues regarding the graphic support on windows operating system and found that most of the cases have driver problems. You may check for the same as well.

I think you should use this graphic card on some older windows operating systems like XP or Vista so that you can easily install different drivers to check that is it working for you or not because you would not be having much options to select for the graphic drivers for your windows 7 operating system as it has been recently launched as does not provide the graphic drivers for many types of graphic cards.

Satellite M500 S401 Nvidia Graphics Card Not Found

Hello, I have recently bought the Toshiba Satellite M500 S401 which is having installed Windows 7 Professional. It is also having a Nvidia GeForce G210M graphics card. But, when I try to check it, it shows me that the it is having a standard VGA graphics adapter. And that is why it is not running the applications which require the graphic card. So, if you are having any solution for this, then please provide me solution for this.

Hello, if you simply make use of the removal of the graphics card and then if you make use of the uninstallation and reinstallation of the graphic card then you will able to get the solution. As it may be possible that you are having the problem that your laptop is not detecting the graphic card due to the problem in detection. So, if you remove it and then again reinstall it, then it will solve your problem.

Hello, I think that you have not installed the driver properly and that is why you are getting the problem. You need to install the driver again. If you are having installed them already, then simply uninstall it and then you will able to get the solution for your problem. Then install it again and then restart your computer. It will simply solve your problem. So, just do it.

Hello, I think you are getting this problem as due to the problem in your graphics card. It may be possible that your graphics card is not working and that is why you are getting this problem. So, simply go to the bios setting and then check whether your are having connected that or not. As it may be possible that you have not detecting that due to the problem in it.

Hello, Follow the steps below:
    • Go to the start button.
    • Then search for the Device Manager.
    • Then you need to go to the Nvidia Graphics Card.
    • After that you need to disable it by the use of the right click.
    • Then simply close the window and restart the system.
    • Then your system will simply detect the card. Simply install the driver and then get solved for your problem.