Thread: Toshiba Service Station not working

Toshiba Service Station not working

I have recently bought a Toshiba netbook NB205-330BN laptop which is installed with Windows 7 operating system. While starting the laptop it gave message at the startup that the Toshiba Service Station working. The system prompted me to search the solution or to close the program. I chose the Close the program option and the program terminated. So I want to know if the program is necessary for the system to work properly? and also how to disable the program from giving pop-ups at startup. So please help me solve the Toshiba Service Station not working problem.
    Last edited by Colten; 10-04-2010 at 02:20 PM.

Re: Toshiba Service Station not working

As you dont use the Toshiba service station application, you can remove it from the computer. To remove the application from the computer, click on Start and go to Control panel. Click on Applications and wait for the list to populate. Select the Toshiba Service station from the list and click on Uninstall. Let the procedure complete and then reboot the system. Once the system is rebooted, check if the system still gives the prompt or not.

The application which you are speaking is an useless application which is provided with the laptop. There is possibility that the you may require the application later on while updating the laptop software and hence it is better to disable the application instead of removing it completely from the computer. To disable the application, go to the official support site of Toshiba and register. Put the model of the Toshiba which you are using and select to only notify when there is any update available.

Some configuration on the computer must be missing due to which the laptop is giving the error message saying Toshiba service station not working. The application which is giving the error needs to be be configured properly. Therefore contact the service center of Toshiba and get the configuration for the application. Once the application is configured properly, you will not face the same problem again.

Thanks you for replying to the post really fast. As suggested I tried to remove the application from the computer but it does not allow Toshiba Service station to be uninstalled. I registered on the support site and enabled the option which says to notify only when there is an update available. After selecting the option, the laptop does not prompts with the Toshiba service station. But now the performance of the laptop is suffering. All the applications take long time to open. Please suggest some steps to improve the performance.

There must be lot of applications running together on the computer due to which the performance of the computer is decreasing. To process any application there must be some memory and CPU usage allotted. If there are lot of processes running on the computer then the CPU will take lot of time to process the application. Therefore open the task manager and go to processes tab. Check all the processes which are running. Terminate the processes which are unwanted and taking lot of memory usage on the computer. After terminating all the unwanted processes, see if the performance of the computer is improved.