Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Avast for smartphone

Portable Devices

Old 10-04-2010

Avast for smartphone

I have got a HTC S730 on my birthday as a gift. Now i wanted to add some good antivirus for same. I have heard that Avast for smartphone are available and having nice functionality with the same. So i have downloaded Avast 4 PDA but during the installation of same i have got IT IS NOT A VALID WINDOWS CE APPLICATION error message. So suggest me which version is compatible with mine.

Old 10-04-2010

Re: Avast for smartphone

As per your device i think you are having no support for the Avast 4 PDA edition you have to download the Smartphone version of the Avast for your HTC phone as Avast 4 PDA is PPC version and can not run on your phone. So it is better to download the compatible version of Avast from the Official site of the same.
Old 10-04-2010

As you have said that Avast 4 is the PPC version of the Phone and can not work with the device of mine. So can you tell me which is the SPC version or Smartphone version Avast are available and from where can download the the same to my device that support the phone of mine. A help may be appreciated. Waiting for reply.
Old 10-04-2010

I think there are lots of version of the Avast for Smartphone are available. All you have to do is to install the right one in your device. As per my knowledge there are Sphone 2002/2003/2005 are available which support the smartphone. So try out the below given attachment which is having the Avast for Smartphone available.
Attached Files
File Type: rar avast4sphonewm6_setup.rar (89.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
I think there are lots of version of the Avast for Smartphone are available. All you have to do is to install the right one in your device. As per my knowledge there are Sphone 2002/2003/2005 are available which support the smartphone. So try out the below given attachment which is having the Avast for Smartphone available.
Hey thanks a lot as i have downloaded this installed on my device. Now the HTC is installing this application without an error.
Old 10-04-2010

I am having exactly the same problem with my HTC Touch Cruise 2009 which is also giving me the same error that the phone of mine is not supporting the Avast application. After going through all the description above discussed i have downloaded the attachment and install the same now m also not getting the error. Great job done Gonzo.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,