Thread: Number key pad not working

Number key pad not working

Hello I have a Toshiba Satellite P505 laptop. It is been installed with Windows 7 operating system. The problem is that on a sudden my Numlock keys have stopped functioning. I have no idea what could be the reason that is not been able to work or process well. I do not know what could have caused the same. Please do help em out so that I can sort the same. Thank you.

Re: Number key pad not working

The issue could be that the drivers or the application tools required to make the things to work out possibly well is been corrupted. It is necessary that you install the correct drivers for the same. DO check out for the same . This may be the reason that you are not able to get the Numlock keys to functions. In order to make the things to get sorted reinstall the drivers associated.

You need to work out for the th8ing by removing the tools or application for the same from the control panel option. Select the desired application or driver that needs to be removed. After that click on remove button. Now restart the system. Install the new fresh copy of the installer file. This may help you in sorting the issue. Do check out.

It may be that the Num lock keys been turned off. Turn it on. The green led that needs to be glown glows when the function is been active. Do check out. It may be that the some is not been turned on. Now as it is been done do check out. If still the same problem then reinstall the drivers that is been associated. This may then help in making the issue to be sorted.

It may be that the operating system that is been installed to the system is not able to cope with the same. You need to work out for the same by following the process. For the same you need to look out that the application is able to work out or gel up with the same. This can be sorted out by using the compatibility tools. Do look out for the same.

For the same you need to install the driver under compatibility mode. Right click on the installer.exe file and then install it under compatibility mode for Windows XP. This may then help the same to function well. If this do not work then perform a clean install. I hope this should then help in sorting the issue that you are facing. DO check out.