Thread: "Not Responding" message flashing & screen flickers

"Not Responding" message flashing & screen flickers

I have a brand new Toshiba Satellite A505-S985 laptop which works on Windows 7 operating system. From few days i have noticed an error with my laptop, the display flickers for most of the time and at the same time i get an error message that says "Not Responding"with any of the application. This error occurs for most of the time whenever i open an application to do some work on my laptop. Please help me with this problem as i get it always. Thank you.

Re: "Not Responding" message flashing & screen flickers

I was also having the same problem with my notebook, so i found a solution, i removed icons from my desktop which helped me to solve the issues when dragging windows around. After that i found that someone has mentioned "Windows Desktop Manager." I disabled it and all of my problems were stopped. So i think that you need to check it with your desktop manager and then you can find the solution for your problem.

As Pocumtuck has suggested you the solution of the desktop manager that you need to disable.

To do this you need to follow the steps:

1. First you need to click on the Start button.
    2. Then in the go to Search and in the textbox you need to type Services.msc, if UAC prompts then you need to provide a password or confirmation. after that Click on Continue.
    3. Just scroll down and see the Desktop Window Manager Session Manager.
    4. Then right-click on the service and then select Stop from the context menu.
    5. Then right click one more time on the entry. Then select Properties from the context menu.
    6. After that go to the “General Tab” where you can change the start up type to Disabled finally Click on OK.

I think you need to ask to the toshiba people about this problem that you are facing on your notebook and also you need to check it with the option of the desktop manager. So if you want then you can check for the solution for your problem on the official website of the toshiba and then you can have the proper solution for your problem. This is basically the problem of the applications.

The best way to solve your problem is to format your laptop and after that re-install the operating system of your laptop which can surely help you to get rid from this problem. And also you can check it with the softwares or applicaitons which you are trying to work with, i think you need to re-install all the softwares and then check it out with your laptop.