Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2010

There is a spot on screen of Toshiba M750

Hi,
I have a Portege m750 tablet laptop which I purchased some months before. I am facing a strange issue on my laptop screen. I had noticed that in the middle of the screen there is spot. It looks like a water bubble. I am not able figure out the issue behind that. I had restarted and cleaned the screen with a dry cloth but that looks some internal issue with the screen. Any idea about the same.
Old 09-04-2010

Re: There is a spot on screen of Toshiba M750

I have a similar system which is some 13 months old. I had too have a spot on the left corner of the screen. The screen looks functional in that area and works fine. I had re-installed my display drivers to checkback weather it can be some software issue. But nothing works on the same. I am going to show the same to a service center for a repair.
Old 09-04-2010

This happens when the touch panel of the screen touches the inner glass surface for the screen. The cause can be heavy weight on the back panel of screen. The part of the screen gets damages and that can only be fixed through the service center. Updating drivers and other issue will not work on that. You have to take care till the screen works then you can change the same.
Old 09-04-2010

This can be dead pixels. I had got this similar issue on my lcd screen. A corner part of the screen was very dark while other were light. I had shown that to at technician who said that the pixels on that area are dead. This can only be solved by replacing the screen. Many time this gets repaired in the service center of the company.You can give a try.
Old 09-04-2010

It is a hardware problem. The screen parts is getting damaged. I will recommend you to use the same as it till you decide to replace the full screen to a new one. There is no solution for the same. All you can do is leave the same as it is now. Or else if you try to clean that you can more damage your system. Try to keep your laptop fully charge, lack of power supply also creates display issues.
Old 09-04-2010

On the laptop screens in older models there are liquid crystal displays which are responsible for the output. The light is projected from back which are partially blocked and you can see the image on the screen. On some part this gets damaged due to wrong power source or less power. The soft spot on the screen is caused by the degradation of this liquid crystals. Try to update your Display Adapter drivers and check back.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , ,