Thread: Satellite A205-S5800 freezes when AC power cord is connected

Satellite A205-S5800 freezes when AC power cord is connected

Hello there I am facing a weird problem with the Toshiba Satellite A205-S5800 laptop which I am using. The laptop is installed with Windows XP operating system and is about a year old. The problem is the laptop freezes randomly while working. Also my Satellite A205-S5800 freezes when AC power cord is connected. When the laptop is connected to the AC power, it will not boot beyond the DMI pool data. I cant figure out what is causing such problem and hence need your help in solving the issue.

Re: Satellite A205-S5800 freezes when AC power cord is connected

The operating system which is installed on the computer is failing and hence it is freezing. There are lot of files which are associated to the operating system of the computer. If any of the file which is associated to the operating system is corrupt or missing on the system then the operating system will not work properly. Therefore insert the installation disk of the operating system in the drive and boot the system from the disk. Either install the fresh copy of Windows on the computer or try and repair the current installed version of Windows. Complete the procedure and then see if the problem continues.

Most of the laptops face the problem with the residual charge storage. Residual charge gets stored near the RAM chips. If the voltage of residual charge reaches threshold then the system will not be able to access the RAM chips. If the system is not able to access the RAM chips then the system will not be able to boot. To bring the laptop back to working state, you will have to discharge the residual charge stored. To clear the residual charge, shut down the laptop and disconnect the AC adapter. Remove the battery and press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds. Release the button and replace the battery. See if the problem persists.

Motherboard of the computer is responsible for controlling all the functions which are performed by the computer. Hence if the motherboard of the computer is faulty it will not work properly. The motherboard of the computer is responsible for providing correct voltage levels to all the devices which are connected. Therefore if the motherboard of the computer is not working properly, the system will freeze intermittently. Get the motherboard of the computer checked by some technician and if it is faulty get it replaced.

I was also facing the same problem with the Toshiba laptop which I was using. The laptop didnt use to work when the laptop was connected to the AC supply. By doing lot of research I finally found out that the charging pin on the motherboard was faulty due to which there was some leakage voltage. To solve the problem, call the Toshiba support and get the Charging pin on the laptop changed. Once the charging pin is changed you will not face the same problem again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzz View Post
    I was also facing the same problem with the Toshiba laptop which I was using. The laptop didnt use to work when the laptop was connected to the AC supply. By doing lot of research I finally found out that the charging pin on the motherboard was faulty due to which there was some leakage voltage. To solve the problem, call the Toshiba support and get the Charging pin on the laptop changed. Once the charging pin is changed you will not face the same problem again.
    Is this action really effective?

I'm experiencing also the same problem now with my Toshiba Satellite A205 series laptop....

Yes it is effective. For any issue related to powers cord of cable it is better to carry your laptop to the nearest service center rather than trying to fix it yourself. I had a similar issue with my HP laptop which was solved by the service center. I hope this also works for you.