Thread: Toshiba Satellite l40-17u Hard Disk Access Denied

Toshiba Satellite l40-17u Hard Disk Access Denied

My Toshiba Satellite l40-17u is running with windows 7 . But now i am facing a critical problem with my hard disk l40-17u Hard Disk i don't know what happened to my laptop but when i tried to open it , it says C:\ is not accessible Access is Denied. Also now my account did not have the administrator rights even though it is an administrator account please help.

Re: Toshiba Satellite l40-17u Hard Disk Access Denied

Most probably this error often occurs when ever this system gets infected with a virus or a malicious program. so it would be better if you try to install an antivirus program so that you can remove the virus and then you can access the hard drive easily. I think that this should really help you in this matter.

It appears as your system files are corrupted and hence you are not able access the C: directory. Can you tell me whether you can access other partition or not. But till then i would suggest you to repair your system with the hep of a recovery cd which you have got along with the laptop insert this CD and when it prompts you press 'R'.

The most probable reason behind this problem may be a loose connection so it would be better if you try to reconnect the hard drive once again. Also if you have installed a new hard disk with a very large size which is not yet supported with the laptop try to install the updates on the system so that the hard drive is detected.

Your laptop has been severely corrupted and hence you need to re install the operating system once again from scratch since all your system files have been corrupted. But prior to that it would be better if you try to boot in the safe mode and then try to access the c: drive it would be better. If it doesn't boot in the safe mode re install the operating system.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"