Thread: X205 SLi5, 3 beeps, no display, no startup.

X205 SLi5, 3 beeps, no display, no startup.

Is been three years now that i am using my Toshiba Satellite X205 SLi5. Yesterday there was a sudden power cut off in our area and that time i was using my laptop for gaming. I have tried to start up it again but it is just not getting ON. Finally i want to ask you guys that what could be the problem with my laptop, It is showing the light initially when i turn it on but then it 3 beeps and nothing happens.
    Last edited by MaggieK; 09-04-2010 at 01:55 AM.

Re: X205 SLi5, 3 beeps, no display, no startup.

I guess 3 beep sounding at the start up means that your computer contains the faulty graphic card. I am not sure that this three beeps in your case exactly belongs to the graphic card problem but you may check by doing something with the graphic card. I was having 3 beeps after pushing the CPU switch. And then there was no response by my computer and i found that it was all because of the faulty graphic card.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I do not have any ideas about the beeps sounding from the CPU but i have solved this problem many time as my my CPU gives different kind of beeps at the start up and it does not get starts. But i have always solved this problem by reinstalling all the components of my CPU such as graphic cards, memory and all other connections. I think you should also try this method if you can remember the places of each and every parts of your CPU.

If your laptop gives 3 beeps and then it does not starts then it is RAM problem. It might happen that RAM have got loos which you can manually fix it up by removing the RAM and again setting it up. This is a common problem that has been seen on dead computer systems which only beeps when you try to start the computer system and it can solved within minutes.

You have not mentioned it that your computer is giving 3 beeps but in what manner whether it is giving 3 short beeps or it gives 1 long beep then 2 short beeps. If it gives all the 3 beeps short then it describes that your RAM is not properly settled or it might happen that your RAM chip have got corrupted. And if it is giving first beep a long one then it indicates a video error has occurred and the BIOS cannot initialize the video screen to display any additional information.