Thread: Touchpad scrolling is not working in Windows 7

Touchpad scrolling is not working in Windows 7

Hello friends, The situation that I am facing in my system is that the touchpad scrolling is not working in Windows 7. I have a Toshiba laptop and this problem has started since, I have done an upgradation to the Windows 7 operating system from Windows Vista. Actually, everything was working fine before doing the upgradation. I am not aware about the solutions that can help me in this situation. Please help me soon.
    Last edited by Emily123; 09-04-2010 at 01:24 AM.

Reinstall the Synaptic driver

If the touchpad scrolling is not working in Windows 7, then I suggest you to reinstall the Synaptic driver. You will have to uninstall the currently installed files of the same and after that do the reinstallation. Just make sure that you have the latest version of Synaptic driver. This is because the older versions of the driver can have incompatibility issues with Windows 7.

An issue related to Windows 7

According to me, the problem that the touchpad scrolling is not working in Windows 7 is an issue related to Windows 7. I can assure you this because this particular operating system is seen to have many other problems with almost all the components of the system, including the applications and programs. It is always recommended to quit the installation or upgradation to Windows 7.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Do a clean install of Windows 7

The problems like the touchpad scrolling is not working in Windows 7 will always be persisting in your system, since you have done an upgradation of the Windows 7 from an older version of the operating system. It is required that you must always do a clean install of Windows 7. With the help of this method, all the older system files will be removed from the computer and no problems will be encountered after that.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Re: Touchpad scrolling is not working in Windows 7

Hello there, the issue of touchpad scrolling is not working in Windows 7 has already been solved on our forums. You will have to make sure that you have gone through the threads that are provided below:

A variety of issues

I suggest you to show the problem of touchpad scrolling is not working in Windows 7 to the computer engineer. Actually, this may be occurring because there are some conflicts between Toshiba and the Windows 7 operating system. Many users of Toshiba as well as Windows 7 are facing a variety of issues and the officials must have a look into the same inorder to avoid further issues in the future.