Thread: Qosmio F55-Q502 screen flickers randomly

Qosmio F55-Q502 screen flickers randomly

I have recently bought a new brand Toshiba Qosmio F55-Q502 and found problems on it. Actually i was using this laptop without any problem but from yesterday its screen has started flickering after random amount of time. I have installed a windows vista home 32 bit on this computer. What could be the reason behind this behavior of my laptop's screen?

Re: Qosmio F55-Q502 screen flickers randomly

As you have bought a new brand laptop then i so not think that there would be any problems regarding the screen of your laptop. It might be happening because of the loose connection of socket or it also can happen because of the fluctuating power supply which makes your screen flickering anytime when power fluctuates. I suggest you to get rid of this problem as soon as possible as it might harm your laptop's screen in a serious manner.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I was facing the same problem on my HP laptop so i gave it to an authorized service center of HP. Actually it was just hard to describe how it was happening because it just happens in a fractions of time. They first told me that there is not problem with the screen, I was not getting what was the reason for that but they gave me new new connector, power inverter, and new DDR ram and now my laptop works perfectly.

I suggest you to give your laptop back to the dealer from where you have bought as you have bought it recently. Your laptop would be definitely coming under warranty period so if there would be any mistake in the hardware(screen) itself then it could be solved by replacing it. You may also give your laptop to the Toshiba but i think it would be much complicated process.

Another RAM issue, Actually i have faced this problem on many laptops as i am an engineer and i usually repairs the laptops. Most common reason behind the flickering of the screen is the weak RAM, i suggest you to check it by replacing the RAM of your laptop with the another one which does not have any faults. Then you may check that is it flickering or not, It must be gone out now, If it is not then it might be the GPU issue.