Thread: Satellite A505-S6033 wont awake from sleep

Satellite A505-S6033 wont awake from sleep

I have purchased a new Toshiba A505-S6033 PSAT9U-006002 laptop which is installed with windows 7. I have changed the settings in such a way that when the system remains idle for 10 minutes it goes to the sleep mode. But from last two days i had to force fully shut down the laptop since Satellite A505-S6033 wont awake from sleep. After forcefully shutting it down i have to restart it again. please help me how to go about this problem.
    Last edited by Breath; 09-04-2010 at 12:11 AM.

Re: Satellite A505-S6033 wont awake from sleep

First of all i want to know which power plan are you using are you using the Balanced power plan or the Power saver power plan. In both the cases i would recommend you to go for the other power plan which you are not using. After selecting the appropriate one i would suggest you to apply these settings and then check it should work normally and absolutely fine.

It sounds like as you are having not using the appropriate power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how your computer uses and conserves power. Power plans can save energy, maximize system performance, or balance energy conservation with performance. The default power plans Balanced and Power saver meet most people's needs. But you can modify settings for existing plans or create your own plan according to your requirements.

You need to change the power plan settings which you are using and hence to change i would suggest you to follow the steps listed below

• Open start menu select control panel within the control panel go to System and Security and then click Power Options.
    • A new window will be opened here select Change plan settings.
    • Now select the display and sleep settings according to your needs.

It is because your system might have been infected with a virus or some infectious object. So you will have to get rid of it as soon as possible and hence i would suggest you to download and install a new antivirus application because if you have a previously installed application it is not much effective since it cannot detect the virus.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

In this situation the best thing which i can suggest you is to restore your system. A lot of people are facing this same problem the system restore may work in your case too. If the system restore does not prove to be effective then i think you should try to contact the manufacturer may be due to a hardware failure . Hope this will fix the issue

smile Re: Satellite A505-S6033 wont awake from sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Breath View Post
    I have purchased a new Toshiba A505-S6033 PSAT9U-006002 laptop which is installed with windows 7. I have changed the settings in such a way that when the system remains idle for 10 minutes it goes to the sleep mode. But from last two days i had to force fully shut down the laptop since Satellite A505-S6033 wont awake from sleep. After forcefully shutting it down i have to restart it again. please help me how to go about this problem.
    Hi~ I met the same problem and now I have fixed it.
    that is because of the conflict between your hardware power management and windows power management.
    SO, press F2 when you star the computer,enter the BIOS setting, choose "POWER MANAGEMENT" disable all the function(I enable the mul-core function), let Windows control the PC's power scheme.....Everything goes well~~~

PS. I didn't test all the setting in POWER MANAGEMENT . So, I do not know exact which function makes it conflict. you can test it one by one....

MY english is not good. I hope you can understand what I mean. any further question , email me

It would be better that you check for the power management in monitors option that is in the control panel. Check out for the ailments and parameters that is been assigned. This will surely help you out to make the changes that is needed. Do work out and process for the same. This will help you out.