Thread: iPad not syncing

iPad not syncing

I am really scared and need your help in solving this issue. I got an Apple Ipad 16Gb as a gift on my birthday which worked fine for few days but after updating the itunes version from 8 to iTunes 9, the Ipad is not syncing. So I want to know can iTunes upgrade create such problems? or Is my Ipad faulty? Any suggestions about the issue are more than welcome.

Re: iPad not syncing

First I would suggest you to check the connecting cord of the Ipad. The cord which is used to connect the Ipad to the computer consist of many lines of conductors which can get damaged due to improper handling and storage. If any of the line of conductor gets damaged, the communication between the Ipad and the computer will not be proper and will lead to problems which are similar to the one your facing. Hence change the cord and connect the Ipad to the computer. Check if the Ipad gets detected or not.

It is possible that the update procedure which you carried out on the iTunes must have corrupted some files due to which the Ipad is not syncing. Many times when the application is updated using online procedure, some files of the new version do not get downloaded on the computer due to internet fluctuation. If such situation occurs then the files of the older version conflict with the files of the new version and hence the application will not work properly. Therefore carry out the update procedure again when the Internet connection is stable and then see if the problem persists or not.

Try resetting the Ipad and see if it gets synced after connecting. Sometimes the firmware of the Ipad gets stuck in some loop. If the firmware gets stucked in some loop, it will either not get detected or will give some problems while syncing. To bring the Ipad back to working state, you will have to reset the Ipad. To reset the Ipad, press and hold the Home and the Sleep button together. Keep the buttons pressed till the Apple logo appears. Once the apple logo appears, release the button and let the Ipad restart. After restarting, connect the Ipad to the computer and sync it.

The iTunes which you are using must be corrupt and hence you are not able to sync the Ipad. All the applications which are installed on the computer have lot of files associated to it. If any of the files which is associated to the application is corrupt or missing on the system then the application will not work properly. Uninstall the current installed version of Itunes from the computer and remove all the keys/files which are related to the application. Once all the traces of the application are removed, download the installation file for the latest version and install it on the computer. Check if the Ipad can be synced or not.

iTunes saves all the history of all the elements synced to the iPad. The history log which is created in the iTunes creates this problem while syncing the iPad to the computer. You will have to clear the iTunes syncing history and then connect the Ipad to the computer. Once the iTunes syncing history is cleared, you will not face any difficulty in syncing the iPad to the computer. To clear the iTunes syncing history, Open the iTunes and click on Edit. Go to preferences and select Devices tab. Click on Reset Sync history details. Now connect the iPad and then sync the iPad.

hi! I also have the same problem. I already restart the ipad,restart may mac, then unplug, plug the ipad, but it didn't work.

You can try to do a soft reset on the iPad and it is done in the similar way as the ipod touch and the iphone, you just need to hold down the power button which is located at the top of the ipad and along with it hold down the home button until you see the apple icon on your ipad. Which version of itunes have installed, note that you need a itunes 9.1 or higher version.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"