Thread: Gtalk on Blackberry mobile phone

Gtalk on Blackberry mobile phone

Hi,
    For a alternative for messaging rather than BBM I want to use Gtalk on my Blackberry phone. I am not able to get proper information on the application which can help me to install the same on Blackberry. What is the requirement of the same and what features does if offers. I am using the same on my laptop and I had lots of my friends on it. Thanks in advance.

Re: Gtalk on Blackberry mobile phone

There is a version of Google Talk for Blackberry smart phones. It is very reliable and fast messaging service. I am too using the same and now I had installed the same on my phone. You can simply chat with your friends in it. But the only thing which wasted my time here adding all my friends contact in the phone. But this is very easy and simple to use.

GTalk on Blackberry offers you a virtual real time chatting environment form any location. You can install that directly from Blackberry site and use it for no charge. You can use the camera of the phone, capture the picture and then send the same to your friends. It gives you all options and support what you go on the desktop version of GTalk Messenger.

There is not much requirement for using GTalk on your Blackberry phone. You just need a Gmail ID and internet service to login your account. Then you can simply add your users and chat with them. But one thing you must note down that GTalk will not work on the those mobile which have OS older than version 4.2. For BES you will need to contact your IT department.

You can use GTalk with no issue on your smartphone. Just download the same from the official site and install the same. Once you had installed just run it and enter your login id and password. GTalk on your Blackberry phone offers to invite multiple user conversation at a time. Like a conference chat. But not entirely with some minimal features.

There is a chargeable application which offers you GMail plus GTalk. This offers you a full featured mail service along with the chat application for all Blackberry devices. You can see and use all the feature of both the services. But that will cost you $29.95. You can even operate the service from your desktop via Blackberry Mobile phone. It offers you more additional features.