Thread: How to unlock Blackberry 8800 ?

How to unlock Blackberry 8800 ?

I have a Blackberry 8800 world phone which has Cingular connection. I want to change the service provider and hence want to know How to unlock Blackberry 8800 ? Will the warranty of the phone get void if the phone is unlocked? All the features and the services of the Blackberry will be available on the unlocked phone? Please help.

Re: How to unlock Blackberry 8800 ?

Unlocking the phone which is provided by some service provider is a bad idea as it will lead to warranty of the phone getting void. Whenever the phone is provided by the service provider it has some settings configured on the phone which will not allow the sim card of other companies to work on the phone. If these settings are altered or changed then the phone can use the SIM cards which are provided by other service providers. But changing these settings will void the warranty and hence should be avoided.

Contact the customer support of the service provider which I you are using currently and ask the procedure to unlock the phone. Normally while unlocking the phone, you will have to end the current service contract with the service provider. While ending the contract you will have to pay the penalty for termination of the contract along with the price of the handset. Once the contract is terminated, the phone will be unlocked by the company and you will be able to use the phone with different service provider.

To unlock the blackberry to use different service provider you can make use of different websites which provide unlocking services for the blackberry. Search for such website online and register to the website. You will have to provide the IMEI number of the phone. You will receive a MEP code corresponding to the IMEI number of the phone. Insert the number on the phone and submit. You will get an error message after submitting the code which indicates that the phone is unlocked. The only problem is that the unlocking solutions are not for free.

Thanks for sharing all the information about unlocking of the phone. As suggested I contacted the service provider and got the contract terminated. After termination of the contract, the phone was unlocked by the company. Now I can use the phone with some different network provider. The phone works properly on the new network provider but now the phone does not connect in mass storage mode. It gives an error saying "Mass mode in use". How to solve this error?

I was also facing the same problem when the Blackberry was unlocked. The phone was not detected in mass storage mode after it was unlocked. I tried to find the solution to the problem and finally found out that the operating system on the phone had to be reinstalled as it had gone corrupt. Unlocking the phone corrupts the operating system which is installed on the phone and hence it has to be reinstalled. After reinstalling the operating system the phone worked properly and hence I would suggest you to reinstall the operating system and check if the problem continues.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"