Thread: BES Internet traffic

BES Internet traffic

I am having a query that i need to solve with your help so if you can then please advise me about the BES Internet traffic . Can i force all the traffic coming out from the Blackberry to go through the BIS server instead of the BES. If any one can help me with the problem then please give me the proper solution for the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: BES Internet traffic

There is one thing that you can do with the transferring all the traffic to the BIS instead of the BES. For that all you have to do is to remove the MDS from the Blackberry Enterprise Server and the traffic will be force fully go through the Blackberry internet Service. So to make that change do the following and let me know that it works for you or not.

There is one thing that you can do with the transferring all the traffic to the BIS instead of the BES. For that all you have to do is to remove the MDS from the Blackberry Enterprise Server and the traffic will be force fully go through the Blackberry internet Service. So to make that change do the following and let me know that it works for you or not.
    Hey thanks for your reply but can you help me more with the issue as i wanted to know about the MDS removal. So please advise me how to remove MDS from BES.

To remove the MDS from the Blackberry Enterprise Server you have to go through the detail that is given below to work around with the problem of the same.
    • In the BlackBerry MDS Application Console, on the MDS Application management menu, click Application Installed.
    • Search for an application.
    • In the search results, click the Uninstall icon for the application that you want to remove.
    • Perform one of the following tasks:
    • In the Select Device drop-down list, click the appropriate group.
    • Click Search users for uninstall.
    • Select the BlackBerry devices that you want to remove the application from.
    • Click Next.
    • To specify when to remove the application on BlackBerry devices, select the Schedule for later option.
    • If necessary, in the Schedule Date field, specify the date to remove the application.
    • If necessary, in the Schedule time drop-down lists, specify the time to remove the application.
    • In the Group size field, type the number of BlackBerry devices that you want to send the removal request to at the same time. The default value is 10.
    • In the Push interval field, type an interval for the BlackBerry MDS Integration Service to send the removal request to BlackBerry devices. The default value is 5 minutes.
    • Click Proceed to uninstall.

Thanks for all your help that you have given me regarding the issue of removing the MDS from the Blackberry Enterprise Server So that i can transfer the traffic to BIS. I have gone through all the detail and soon i will work on the same. Also let you know about it if any things happen in the same. A help given by you is really appreciable.