Thread: Need some Tips to use BlackBerry Curve 8310

Need some Tips to use BlackBerry Curve 8310

Hi,
    I had just recently purchased a BlackBerry Curve 8310. This is a very nice mobile with great model and nice features. I need some tips and trick to begin with the mobile use. First thing I want to know how to set up call forwarding on the phone and need some basic keyboard shortcuts. How to change the email signature in the phone. Also post some tips related to media.

Re: Need some Tips to use BlackBerry Curve 8310 Tips and Tricks

To setup call forwarding you will need to play with settings in the phone. For this press the green button and then you can use the wheel to select the Menu. In that you will have to click on the Option and then choose call forwarding. You can assign a voice number to let your callers hear a voice message or set up your own different number. In the same way you go in General options for more settings.

Here I am mentioning some keyboard shortcuts for your phone. Like you can press the letter for a while to make it capital instead of pressing the shift key and then the alphabet. If you want to add current date in the message then typ ld and press space. Same for time type lt and press space. You can press space two times to end a sentence with period.

Press SYM to switch to full screen while watching a video. To reboot Blackberry you can first remove the battery and then press Alt + Shift + Del. This is helpful for resetting the phone. To see the system log file you have to type lglg and hold the alt button at the same time. You can also add your own sentence in email signature. But that needs a contact with the IT department in case of BES.

I will give you some tips which you can use while watching videos in Blackberry. The media player in the Blackberry shows you some less option for this. You can use the trackball for highlighting the button. You can move the trackball and then press the same to fast forward the video to that time. You can then simply scroll down and then press the play button to reset the video time.

Have you heard that you got a free gps navigation for your blackbery phone. I am paying with use from amAze. It is a free service and you can try out the same. It will show you routes and maps but this not so effective. But sometime very beneficial in case of free service for GPS navigation. It calculates the router automatically and shows you length. Try Google map for that.