Thread: How to unlock sim on BlackBerry 7130v

How to unlock sim on BlackBerry 7130v

The Blackberry which I am using has a Vodafone subscription and I want to change the service. I tried changing the SIM card on the phone but it did not work. Is there special procedure for getting some other service provider to work on Blackberry? If yes then I want to know How to unlock sim on BlackBerry 7130v. Any suggestions/solutions are more than welcome.

Re: How to unlock sim on BlackBerry 7130v

Yes you will have to unlock the phone for using some other card on the phone. To make the phone with different network provider you will have to get the phone unlocked from the current network provider which you are using. There are many ways in which the phone can be unlocked and can be used with some other network provider. Once the phone is unlocked, you will be able to use any sim card on the phone.

There are many websites which providing unlocking solutions for Blackberry. To unlock the phone, you will have to register to such website and provide the IMEI number of the phone. The MEP code which is required for unlocking the phone will be generated using the IMEI number. Enter the MEP code on the phone and submit. You will receive an error message. Reception of error message means the phone is successfully unlocked.

Thanks for replying the post really fast. As suggested I got the MEP code for the blackberry which I am using and entered the code on the phone. I received the error message after entering the MEP code and the phone was successfully unlocked. Now I am able to use the phone with other network provider but now the phone has started to work very slowly. Also sometimes the phone is not detected by the computer. How to solve this issue?

After unlocking the SIM card on the phone, sometimes the operating system on the phone gets corrupt and hence the phone works slowly. Therefore you will have to replace the operating system on the phone. Get the operating system on the phone upgraded and then reset the phone. To get the operating system on the phone upgraded, contact the Blackberry support. Go to the service center and get the operating system upgraded. Once the operating system on the phone is upgraded, you will not face the same problem.