Thread: Where to get a free messenger for Blackberry Mobile

Where to get a free messenger for Blackberry Mobile

Hi,
    I have a Blackberry mobile. I am looking for a free messenger for my mobile. I had an application which I downloaded from internet. It offered a 1 month free trail. The messenger was very useful. But not it is going to expire soon. I am looking for a better alternative for instant messaging on Blackberry. What will you recommend for the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Where to get a free messenger for Blackberry Mobile

You can go on the official site of Blackberry and download BBM. This is called as BlackBerry Messenger. It is free and you can share the same with other BBM Groups. You can share images and messages on the same. It is very useful for sending and receiving messages with unlimited character. You can simply add your friends in your messenger by scanning bar-codes or sharing Pins.

That is right you can use BBM which is much more effective than other messengers in my view. For this you will need a data service plan from your service provider with 64mb of memory. It consumes around 2.4mb of memory on the phone and supports Blackberry with 4.5 version or later. If you have older model for this then this messenger will not work.
    Download Blackberry Messenger.

Have you tried AOL Instant Messenger. I am using AIM chats on my Blackberry curve phone. It is really nice and offers all what is needed on a messenger application. You can simply enjoy AIM chats on your phone from any location. You can also see who is online, capture photos of AIM buddies, use the status availability message, generate audio alerts for incoming messages, etc.

Here is the way you can get AOL messenger on your phone. There are two ways for that. First click on the link to get the file or visit the Blackberry site and get the download either on your computer or directly on your phone. It supports Blackberry 4.2 and high version of OS. If your phone is connected to the Blackberry Enterprise server then you will have to contact your IT department to set the policy for AOL.
    Download AOL Instant Messenger for Blackberry.

Why don't' you visit Blackberry App world and get access to tons of application for Blackberry mobiles. This applications are specially designed for Blackberry phones and easy to use. You can simply download games, social networking, business applications from the app store and use it for yourself. There are also various free application provided on the store.