Thread: Mass storage mode issue in Blackberry 9500

Mass storage mode issue in Blackberry 9500

Hello everyone, I have a Blackberry 9500 which was working fine until I updated the operating system on the phone. After updating the operating system on the phone I am not able to access the Mass storage mode on the phone. Sometimes the phone is detected in Mass storage mode but while transferring data the phone hangs. I am not use the phone properly, is this due to operating system upgrade? or is this some hardware failure? If anybody else is facing similar Mass storage mode issue in Blackberry 9500 then please suggest some solutions. Thanks in advance.

Re: Mass storage mode issue in Blackberry 9500

Yes I think that the operating system upgrade on your phone is causing such problems with the phone. All the functions which are performed by the phone are controlled by the operating system of the phone. The operating system of the phone has lot of files which are associated to it. If any of the file which is associated to the operating system of the phone is corrupt or missing on the system then the operating system will not work properly and will give rise to such problems. Therefore you will have to reinstall the operating system on the phone again. Get the operating system reinstalled to solve the problem.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

It can be due to the connecting cord which is used to connect the phone to the computer. The cord which is used to connect the phone to the computer is an USB cord which consist of many lines of conductors. These lines of conductors can get damaged due to improper storage or handling. If any of the lines of conductors of the cord get damaged then the communication between the computer and the phone will not be proper due to which such problems can arise. Change the connecting cord and see if the problem continues.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Check the memory card if it is proper or not. The memory card which is used in the phone is a flash memory which can get corrupt if it is not ejected properly from the computer. The memory card also loses the format of storage if not ejected properly. Therefore try connecting the memory card to some other device and then see if it gets detected. If the memory card gets detected, then you will have to get the phone checked, else replacing the memory card will solve the problem.

Get the memory card scanned by some updated antivirus as I suspect the memory card which you are using is infected by some virus which is creating such problems while accessing the phone in mass storage mode. Some virus's have the tendency of continuously broadcasting some data or accessing some files on the computer. Due to this tendency the system which is infected will freeze when the memory card is tried to disconnect. Therefore scan the memory card and check for all the files which are infected. Repair or quarantine the files which are infected. Delete the files which are infected if they are not repairable. After cleaning all the files which are infected, check if the Blackberry can be used in mass storage mode properly.