Thread: Recovery Disc Not Working

Recovery Disc Not Working

A friend of mine model describes A205 - 7458, he went to a USB printer cable, HD apparently the hook in the USB drive to download a file, and strong pull out. System now will not load, hit in the \ windows damaged file information \ in the System32 \ drivers \ fileinfo.sys Status: 0xc00000c9 message: Windows can not load because a critical system driver is missing, or damaged.

None of the F8 key to select the start would respond.

He found that the "recovery and application / driver Satellite A200 / A205 series" CD / DVD, but when I load and start to the first of the CD \ DVD (I heard the access CD / DVD) it runs in the bottom bar and said it will load the Windows files, and then go to a black screen, Ballmer runs the company with its small bar at the bottom of the yellow square. It hung there a trick, then go to either all black screen, the mouse arrow, I can control, or just a black screen.

To fix this system, if possible, the only way to restore as a last resort, but I cannot from the CD \ DVD's any option. Do not see the instructions that start their own holding C, but they said this is not so fixed wireless local loop recovery.

The only thing I can think of is that the CD \ DVD drive cannot work because the damaged file is the main driver for the correct file.

Also try to load the BIOS default values, but did not do anything. Try disabling the USB Legacy support, because this is a USB drive to boot all of this, but did not do anything.

I made a concession recovery I thought I would ask, if what was seen might have been thinking. Will replace fileinfo.sys file work? If so, how will I get a clean? How do I get to the DOS prompt? I understand the wrong direction and hold down the C will take me to the boot screen option?

Re: Recovery Disc Not Working

See the manual on page 60 for complete information using the Recovery Wizard owners. Press and hold 0 (zero) key while the computer power supply. This will load the Recovery Wizard provides a system restore or restore a number of different options.

If you do not manual can go top of the page you can download the download link in the blue text display all models click on the link, and fill your specific model.

2 gen
    Thanks for the response, but unfortunately it is not I'm looking for. Holding 0 should be used to restore the system hard drive recovery partition factory default. I want to use the recovery CD's, want to "repair", not "restore." It is talking about a recovery CD using a user-created, rather than supply and that you should be able to just boot from the CD, it should run (pg. 64) - it does not.

O held down the power not to any recovery console anyway. This model cannot have this option installed. Finally get a "Windows Boot Manager" screen, give me the choice of either start Windows, the other option (which makes me often F8 key and maintenance, safety, etc the first attempt so far no.

Windows gives a "repair" option; there is no way for them to Toshiba systems running Windows "repair"?

Otherwise, at this point I cannot even "restore" to the factory default system cannot be restored because CD \ DVD work.

Thanks for the response, but unfortunately it is not I'm looking for. Holding 0 should be used to restore the system hard drive recovery partition factory default. I want to use the recovery CD's, want to "repair", not "restore." It is talking about a recovery CD using a user-created, rather than supply and that you should be able to just boot from the CD, it should run (pg. 64) - it does not.

O held down the power not to any recovery console anyway. This model cannot have this option installed. Finally get a "Windows Boot Manager" screen, give me the choice of either start Windows, the other option (which makes me often F8 key and maintenance, safety, etc the first attempt so far no.

Windows gives a "repair" option; there is no way for them to Toshiba systems running Windows "repair"?

Otherwise, at this point I cannot even "restore" to the factory default system cannot be restored because CD \ DVD work.

Just had to restore a different manufacturer and this was a screen that came up from their recovery disc. That system did not respond to any of these prompts and I had to do a full
    Only the recovery of different vendors, this is from their recovery CD screen. The system does not respond, these tips, I have to do a complete reinstall.

Those who seek the optical disk system, but it does with the Toshiba CD - ROM the same thing. If you do not have the Windows Vista installation disc directly - you do today, if you only get to buy the software - I do not know that I will submit to the Toshiba's screen.

Even if I can I think I will be getting some results, because they can actually use the F8 start, he did not have an external backup program of the same system. However, I am willing to try.

I also want to install the hard disk from the system to another system to see if I can reinstall the operating system and methods. This will tell me that with the hard drive itself, or the like CD \ DVD drive problem is the external things. Do not know if I can hook to a laptop HD desktop, really do not want my laptop need a separate. I checked the manual, but I think he either put the right tools to fix it, or get a new one.

I am also having the similar problems with A105-S4014.
    Restore disk - will start to load - gets to BSOD - Blue Screen of Death - (STOP: 0x000000CA (0x00000002, 0x89B84CE8, 0x00000000, 0x00000000))
    WIN XP installation CD - starts OK, tries to expand files - same BSOD.
    WIN VISTA installation CD - BSOD at file expansion.
    BartPE - does not boots - BSOD.
    UBUNTU - no progress at all.

Find a bad hard drive, replace the new. As I said - can not restore the recovery DVD, you can not install any Windows operating system. I have a picture of Acronis, and recovery from it. Now, laptops to constantly rebooting after a second blue screen, but after several attempts finally boots. If I sleep laptop - no problem started again. However, because Windows operating system - you must restart your computer again and again - this is the time to re-start the re-start.