Thread: Toshiba Satellite L505-S6946 FN key not working.

Toshiba Satellite L505-S6946 FN key not working.

Hello!

I have problem with computer Satellite L505-S6946.

I cannot use FN keys on Windows XP, so I can't establish a WiFi connection, because I can't use FN+F8 combination. I was searching for drivers for it already, but I didn't find anything compatible for this machine. I unfortunately lost my CD with drivers, so please tell me what drivers I must install for this computer to use WiFi and FN keys.

Re: Toshiba Satellite L505-S6946 FN key not working.

Toshiba did not provide XP drivers for the system. Try Unknown Device Identifier 7.00 to see if it can guide you to the correct driver. If you do not post your complete model is very difficult to help you. Please try use punctuation, capital letters after completion of sentences and at last correct spelling. Toshiba did not provide any of the direct support in these forums. All support is user to user in their free time.

Yes, I will also support to use Try Unknown Device Identifier 7.00.Unknown device Identifier will let, you to identify the yellow question mark in Device Manager an unknown device. Manufacturer report the name of the original equipment manufacturer, equipment type, equipment type, and even the exact name of the unknown device detailed summary. With the collected information, you can contact your support or search a simple click on the appropriate driver for the hardware manufacturers on the Internet. With this tool, you may immediately convertible to known devices identify your unidentified unknown devices found on the Internet contact the hardware device manufacturer or vendor, the correct driver. Microsoft Windows recognized the device will be known to analysis independent of the operating system
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

It will be better to use Unknown Device Identifier 7.00 and I am saying this because of its features. This driver recognize USB 1.1/2.0/3.0 Device, IEEE 1394 Device, ISA Plug Play Device, AGP Bus Device, PCI, PCI-E, eSATA Device. This software comes with Multilingual interface: English, French and find Drivers for Hardware Devices and capable of Contacting Hardware Vender directly. With this utility you can Save or Print Hardware information

I am having Toshiba satellite L505-s5997 and I was suffering with the same problem. For solving this problem I had to call to Toshiba tech support. The first thing you have to do is that you have to reset the flash card. After that they walked me through the whole process and now my FN key is working. So I will suggest you the same.