Thread: Satellite l500 webcam wont work

Satellite l500 webcam wont work

Hello. I have a Toshiba Satellite l500 purchased recently. It has been installed with Windows 7 operating system. The problem is that the webcamera of the system is not able to work. I have no idea why is this happening? I have upgrade the system to Windows 7. Please do help me out so that I can make the camera to be functioned. Thank you.

Re: Satellite l500 webcam wont work

The issue could basically be that the drivers for the device is not been properly installed. You need to make a reinstall process in order to make the camera to function properly. This can be done by uninstalling the existing drivers and then install the new driver. This may help in sorting the issue for you well. It is better that you perform the action. Hope you may get a better conclusion.

In order to process the action that is been needed you needed to open the start menu and then the control panel option. Now under the add/remove program option select the desired driver that needs to be removed. Now click on remove button and then restart the system. Install the new updated driver in order to make it work.

The issue could basically relate with the compatibility. It can be that the driver is not able to ope or gel up well with the operating system hat you use and hence the camera is not able to support to he system well. In order to make the camera to function you need to install the driver under compatible mode. This may then help in making the camera to get functioned well.

In order to make the device or the driver to get install under compatibility mode you need to copy the installer.exe file to the desktop. After it is been done you need to process out by right clicking on the same and then making to install under compatibility mode for Windows XP. This will then help in making the issue to be sorted well. SO do look out for the thing.

Check out in the device manager section and look out for the device that is your camera. You may find the section and then right click on it and click on update the driver. Update the same and then restart the system. Look out for the same if it is able to work or not. Hope it may work then. Follow the steps in order to make the device worked.