Thread: Toshiba Portege M405 cannot recognize new internal drive

Toshiba Portege M405 cannot recognize new internal drive

I was using the Toshiba Portege M405 laptop installed with windows 7. Recently i found some bad sectors on my internal hard drive and hence i though of getting a new hard drive before all my data goes away with the hard disk. So i purchased a new Seagate hard disk which i connected to the laptop internally. The Toshiba laptop not recognizing internal hard drive

Re: Toshiba Portege M405 cannot recognize new internal drive

This might be due to the bad cable so to resolve this issue try to get the connector changed and then try to re connect the newly purchased hard drive on your system. After connecting it properly boot the system and then i think that it will get detected on your system and now you can start using it.

I think that the new hard disk which you have purchased is not working properly and hence i would suggest you to check the hard disk with another laptop. Because it may not be because of the cable. The hard disk which you purchased may have been damaged rush to the vendor and get the hard disk replaced.

It appears as the hard disk which you have purchased is not compatible with the laptop which you are using and hence i would recommend you to purchase a hard disk which is manufactured by the laptop manufacturer itself or a hard disk which was installed in your laptop initially. I hope that this will help you.

Thank you very much for the above replies. But none of them proved help ful and hence can you please suggest me a different way to get this hard drive installed on my laptop. For your information i have purchased the hard drive from the same manufacturer which was installed with the laptop itself when i purchased it.

I had this problem before so i searched and googled a lot but i finally found the solution by changing the sata cable. I had to purchase a new sata cable in order to get my hard disk detected and this also helped me to resolve the whole issue. I think that changing the sata cable with a new one would definitely help you to get rid of this problem.