Thread: Blackberry Pearl Roller Ball Won't Move Down

Blackberry Pearl Roller Ball Won't Move Down

The roller on my Blackberry Pearl mobile phone is not working in the downward direction. The roller is working fine in the up and side to side direction but having the problem working in the downward direction. I have tried to fix it manually but it did not worked for me such as cleaning it with can of air. In short I want to know why the roller on my blackberry phone is not working in the downward direction.

Re: Blackberry Pearl Roller Ball Won't Move Down

I think you are facing this problem of not working of the roller in the downward direction because of some lint or dirt. I will suggest you to lock the keyboard and the push the stand by the key and then with a little pressure push down the trackball and then quickly move it in all the different direction. This worked for me; I hope this will also work for you.

I will suggest you the pull out the battery from your Blackberry mobile phone and then remove the roller from your Blackberry mobile phone and after that hit it with the canned air. I have used the compressor for the same purpose which was available at my work place. If you have access to the similar kind of device you can do the same.

According to me you should try to use a little bit of the rubbing alcohol on the qTip and after that give a good rub in the downward direction. I am telling this because some times a little amount of moisture grabs the lint underneath the ball which disable the working the roller in the downward direction or in any other direction.

Well you do not believe it but this worked for me that is the reason I am suggesting. I have found that the Blackberry pearl mobile phone stops getting the grip and it become loose. What is did that, I taken some dirt and placed the dirt in there and literally getting some on my thumb and getting it in there by scrolling the ball around.