Thread: Unlocking Blackberry Bold 9700

Unlocking Blackberry Bold 9700

I have got a Blackberry Bold 9700 as my birthday gift. I am facing the problem while unlocking the MFI multiloader on this phone. Can anybody help me to unlock it and please provide some simple solutions by which i can do it. I have found that there are many peoples finding for this solution but i did not got any solutions. And yeah i want to unlock the IMEI Code for this phone as well.

Re: Unlocking Blackberry Bold 9700

Firs of all i would like to ask you that why do you want to unlock your Blackberry? Anyways I have found an unlocking code from an eBay which sells the code for Blackberry Bold 9700. I have got it for $2.30. But it might happen that you would be getting it but costly then me. I have found many people who says that they have got the unlocking code for free of cost, But i do not believe them as it was not possible for me.

I was having the same phone before two months and i was loving it, But i have to resell it because of some personal reasons. I had unlocked the Blackberry Bold 9700 from the cellunlock and it was working perfectly. You can unlock many types of and i guess any type of phones from this. I do not think that you have to pay for unlocking the blackberry phones.

Actually unlocking the phones are done in order to use the other SIM cards which can be much useful for you when you get the cheaper call rates in some other SIMs. I have unlocked many Blackberry phones by using the websites which helps you to unlock your phone. Folks says that unlocking the phone from the web sites can be harmful for your phone as your company might stop the service to your phone by locking up the IMEI number but i think they do not care about it as most of the people are doing it.

There are many kind of service providers in world which helps you to unlock your blackberry phone so that you can use the other network services as well on the same mobile phone. I have bought the MEP unlocking code for my Bold 9700 for $3.45. Which was bit expensive compare to the others but i am happy at the end as i can use the caller rates of my choice on my favorite phone.

I unlocked my Blackberry phone form unlockgenie.com. I am very happy to say that now I can use any SIM card :-)
    I got the code very quick and the process is called remote unlocking. I had no problem with the code and it worked well.

I have a set of instructions to follow with me. This came with my MEP/unlock code and I hope this could help someone in unlocking their phone.

Instructions for unlocking Blackberry 9700

1. Remove the SIM card

2. Power on the phone

3. Turn off all Wireless Connections

4. Go to Settings.

5. Go to Options.

6. Go to Advanced Options.

7. Go to SIM card.

8. Type the letters mepd (you will not see text appear on screen while typing).

9. Now type mep2

10. It will say “Enter Network MEP Code”.

11. Type in the unlock code ( 8 or 16 digits ), press in the trackball to confirm.

12. If there is more than one code provided, type each one until the phone says ‘Code Accepted’.

13. Restart the phone (and re-enter SIM).

14. Turn your Wireless Connections on again.
    Last edited by Maqbool; 10-09-2010 at 12:56 AM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.

Colemanpeters Guest

Hey people I bought a new Blackberry Bold 9700. I searched the internet for unlocking and i found many websites and finally i got the code The code worked well and I got in a cheap price. I like to thank you people bcoz I got the website form this forum :-)