Thread: Blackberry Pearl won't turn on; light just flashes red

Blackberry Pearl won't turn on; light just flashes red

My Blackberry Pearl seems to be completely dead, only the red light flashes from this mobile phone. My phone is not turning on only the light is flashing from it.
    I have tried many thing for bringing it back to life but it did not worked. I have changed the battery, tried to change the sim card but nothing worked so I want to know is there any method to bring my Blackberry Pearl mobile phone to life. I will be waiting for the related replies.

Re: Blackberry Pearl won't turn on; light just flashes red

As per the description given by you about the Blackberry mobile phone you are having I will suggest you to reinstall a new operating system in you Blackberry mobile phone. I am not sure that it will surely solve your problem but there is no harm in trying this, because your mobile phone is already dead.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Yes I have tried to install the operating system on the mobile phone but nothing worked because when I try to connect the batter to the blackberry mobile phone then it keep s trying to run itself and after that white screen comes and one more thing when I am trying to reinstall the operating system then operating system gets disable at the time of multi stage loading operation.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Well I think you are not following the right steps for installing the operating system on your Blackberry mobile phone. Here are the steps for reinstalling the operating system on your mobile phone.

1. First of all install desktop software.
    2. After that install the handheld software.
    3. After that pull out the battery
    4. After that connect the device to the computer system.
    5. Now go to options and select "connection settings"
    6. Select USB PIN
    7. After that select the application loader icon.
    8. After that select all software that you want install
    9. After that proceed to the end portion till you see the "Finish" button.
    10. Now keep one thing in mind that do press the Finish button but you have to select the Advanced button.
    11. Also make sure both boxes are selected.
    12. Now this is very important proceed until it asks you if you want to automatically back up and restore. Select “Do not automatically backup my handheld”.
    13. Now if the process starts re-insert the battery.

If that does not work then follow these steps.
    1. First of all disconnect the BlackBerry device from your computer system.
    2. Now in the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, you have to open Application Loader and after that click next.
    3. Just try to perform a hard reset on your BlackBerry device.
    o BlackBerry devices which are having the USB connection, you have to wait till the drop-down list on the Communication Port Selection window changes to USB PIN and after that click Next.
    4. If you are having the BlackBerry devices with the serial connection click Next on the Communication Port Selection window

question Re: Blackberry Pearl won't turn on; light just flashes red

i would like to know if there was a solution for the problem in blackberry flip 8230 .... because my dad's phone also is not switching on... and am goin to try all the things..... knowing there is a solution for this there will be a relief for me.... because i just killed my dads phone....

am asking this because the last reply was a year ago....
    Last edited by aaronlivera; 15-08-2011 at 10:57 PM. Reason: i dint know..

Quote Originally Posted by aaronlivera View Post
    i would like to know if there was a solution for the problem in blackberry flip 8230 .... because my dad's phone also is not switching on... and am goin to try all the things..... knowing there is a solution for this there will be a relief for me.... because i just killed my dads phone....

am asking this because the last reply was a year ago....
    First of, troubleshoot with the basic things. So firstly try to charge it without the sim card. After is it fully charged, try turning it on. If it works, insert the sim card. That's what I did when my phone suddenly decided not to turn on one day and it worked. If it still doesnt work then try to restore it to factory settings and check if that works, but before that backup all data's and contacts as it will be deleted after the restore.