Thread: Enabling mass storage on Pearl 8100

Enabling mass storage on Pearl 8100

I have bought a new mobile phone named as Blackberry Pearl 8100. I want to know that hot to connect my Pearl 8100 with the computer. I do not have much work by connecting it but still it would be better if know the procedure to enable the mass storage on Pearl 8100. Can anybody tell me the clear way for how to do it?

Re: Enabling mass storage on Pearl 8100

Once you have enabled the mass storage on your Blackberry Pearl 8100 then it becomes very much easier to copy, delete or manage the folders created on your phone. I have bought the same phone but have not used mass storage yet as i do not have computer system at my home. This feature could be useful if you want to use micro sd card of your phone as a portable device. If mass storage is not enabled on your phone then it needs Desktop Manager to access the chip.

If you want to connect your blackberry phone with your computer as a mass storage device then you have to do some simple settings on your phone which automatically detects the memory card which will be connected to your computer whether it could be your phone's memory card or it might be the card reader or camera's memory card etc. First of all you have to go to the Menu and then select an Options. Here you can find Advanced Options where you have to select for the Media Card and tick for the Auto Enable Mass Storage which will enabling the mass storage on your phone each time when you connect your phone to the computer.

I have the same issue while connecting my blackberry with my computer. Actually when i try to use my phone as a mass storage device then media manager keeps on asking me to enable the mass storage which i have relied by the YES but still it is not detected on my computer. So what could i do, I have tried it doing for many time like i disconnect the phone and again connect it then same procedure has been done and i have got the same result, Not detecting it. Can anybody help me why it not detecting it even after enabling it?

I have seen that the media manager asks you to enable the mass storage but then even if you have selected to enable it, It does not enables it. But what it your media manager does not gets chance to ask you about enabling it? I have found a solution for that, Go to the Menu and then options where you have to enter in to an advance options. Here you have to change the value for the Auto Enable Mass Storage When Connected to as YES which is a Prompt by default because of which it keeps on asking you to enable it. Once you have changed this value then it will never ask you and your mass storage enables automatically as soon as you connect your phone.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"