Thread: Can't connect to YouTube on Ipad

Can't connect to YouTube on Ipad

I have recently bought an Apple Ipad 32gb and I am really loving it. It connects to Wireless networks and I am able to access Internet using Safari but I Can't connect to YouTube on Ipad. All the other websites open without any problems on Ipad but it does not allow me to access Youtube. I cant figure out what is causing this problem and hence need some solutions for this issue. Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: Can't connect to YouTube on Ipad

It is possible that the ISP which you are using for internet surfing has blocked youtube website. Many of the Internet service providers block certain websites for certain users to limit the bandwidth usage of the link. There is lot of data downloaded while watching online videos on youtube due to which the website is blocked on many of the internet service provider. Therefore contact the service provider and check if the website is blocked or not. If the website is not blocked, then do the further troubleshooting.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

All the videos which are available on youtube can be played using a Adobe flash player which is installed on the browser as a add-on. Therefore it is necessary that the flash player is not installed on the browser then you will not be able to view videos on youtube. None of the apple products including Iphone, Ipod and Ipad support flash player and hence youtube cannot be accessed using Ipad. Apple has not provided any flash support in the Ipad and hence you will not be able to access youtube on the Ipad.

Actually the Youtube has developed a special Mac version of application which can be used on all the apple products. You will be able to access the Youtube on Ipad as the Youtube application which is developed for Ipad is not flashed based. To make the Youtube work on the Ipad, connect the Ipad to the computer and open the Itunes. Once the Ipad is detected, go to itunes store. Dont buy anything, just surf around for few minutes. Now exit the Itunes store and disconnect the Ipad. Check if you are able to visit Youtube.

Thanks for replying to the post really fast. As suggested I connected the Ipad to the computer and started the Itunes. After automatic sync of Ipad, I accessed Itunes store and surfed it for few minutes. After disconnecting the Ipad, now the Youtube works really fine but now the Ipad has really become slow and sluggish. Is there anyway to boost the speed of the Ipad? Please suggest.

I am glad that the solution worked for you. Once the Youtube application starts working on the Ipad, the performance of the IPAD really becomes slow. To bring it back to normal working speed, you will have to reset the Ipad. To reset the Ipad, press and hold the Home and Sleep button simultaneously. Keep the buttons pressed till an apple logo appears. Once the apple logo appears, release the button and let the Ipad reboot. Check if the performance improves.

sad Re: Can't connect to YouTube on Ipad

Hello,
    I have a slightly different problem; I cannot access my youtube account from the iPad; I get always an error message, saying that Usernamei or Password are not correct; yet I am 100% sure that both are correct.

I can access all the other contents, as a not registered user

The above mentioned issue is happening because of the 2 step verification. To resolve the issue,
    • You have to go for gmail account and click on the account settings and go for 2 step verification.
    • After that generate code for YouTube.
    • After getting the code you have to go for the iOS app and enter the Gmail account name without typing @ gmail.com and type the code which you have generated