Thread: Does iBooks support pdf files?

Does iBooks support pdf files?

I am having one query that i need to solve with your help as i am litle confussed about the same. I wanted to know that Does iBooks support pdf files?. As i am aware that the it can loads the drm ebooks which is having the epub format but still wanted to know that about the PDF support. Thanks in advance.

Re: Does iBooks support pdf files?

The answer for the same is no. As the apple revealed that the iBook will only work on the epub so i think that there is no need to ask the question like the support for the PDF. There is no support for the PDF on the Apple iPad. So if you want to use the iPad then use only the epub file form at that will be better option for the same.

First of all thanks to you for giving me the reply regarding the thread i started and the quick response of yours is really appreciable. As you have said that there is no support for the PDF on the Apple iPad. I wanted to know is there any application available that will allow us to run the same as then iPhone does. So advise me if possible.

As per my knowledge there is not yet been any software released that work with the running the PDF on the iPad as it is considered as the hacking and not advisable from the Apple. Apple also does not have any application for the support if the same but might be possible that the issue got resolves in next update of iPad.

You’ll find tens of thousands of books on the iBookstore, and more arrive every day. The iBooks app uses the ePub format — the most popular open book format in the world. That makes it easy for publishers to create iBooks versions of your favorite reads. And you can add free ePub titles to iTunes on your Mac or PC and sync them to the iBooks app on your iPad. To know more about the same visit the Apple

I can only suggest you that as the iPad is not supporting the PDF then you just go with the epub as it also the best file format which is having the ability for the iPad. The reason behind the support of epub is that the iPad designed to work with the epub so other format is not be compatible with the iPad. Thats it!!!!!!!