Thread: Can I Charge iPad Via USB?

Can I Charge iPad Via USB?

Hi, I have recently bought the iPad. I have seen that the iPad charger is 2.1 amps. iPhone and iPad charger are having similar look, but as iPhone charger is of 1 amp. I want to know that, can it be possible to charge the iPad from the USB? OR it is necessary to charge it from the AC adapter only?

Re: Can I Charge iPad Via USB?

Hi, I am not having exact details about it, But when I connected my iPad to the computer and then after some time when I remove it, it simply shows the 100% charged. That simply tells that it will charge from the USB. So, if you simply make use of USB for charging your iPad then also, it will be going to charge your iPad. I think this is nice thing, as you will get your charging work also.

Hey, I am making use of the USB hub on my computer and it is not charging the iPad. That means I am getting this problem. As if you are getting your iPad charged from the computer USB port and I am not getting that. Are there would be any kind of setting in the iPad or in your computer which is making this problem. If you are having any kind of solution for this, then please provide that to me.

Hey, I have connected my iPad to my computer and it is giving me really good solution for providing the charging. I think as you are making use of the USB Hub, which is giving you problem. If you simply make use of the direct usb port, ie. the port which are available on the back side. You can simply make use of it and then you will able to get solved for your problem.

Hello, The charging of your iPad from the USB is depend on the quality of the iPad. If you simply make use of the high power usb ports then it will charge your iPad in less time. If at the same time you are working on the iPad then it will provide less charging. So, it is totally depend on the USB ports to which you will connect the iPad. So, if you are having high speed USB ports then you will able to get the more faster charging.

Hey, your iPad will get charged from the USB. But, if you simply make use of the iPad charger, then you will able to get the better solution for it. As if you simply make use of the charger then it will provide you more faster charging facility than the USB ports. So, it is depend on you, whether you want to faster charge your iPad or if you want to charge it with the help of the USB. But yes, you can charge it with the USB.

Mable2 Guest

"Various Twitter users, the team at Consumer Reports and our own Giz editors are reporting problems getting their new iPads to charge via USB. So far, it looks like it will only charge when plugged into a Mac. UPDATED

Consumer Reports found that PC USB ports, keyboards with USB ports and accessories such as USB hubs dont work. Apple Tech Support told them the device was designed to be charged with the included wall plug. Mark said that he could charge using his iPod wall plug, but that USB charging on his MacBook Pro wasn't working. Anyone else having problems? Let us know in comments."