Thread: iTunes freezes on iPad Sync

iTunes freezes on iPad Sync

Hi,
    I have a pc running on Windows 7 32 bit operating system. I have purchased a iPad and for the first time when I tired to sync my audio file via iTunes the software hangs. I have to stop the software from Task Manager. When I click on sync the iTunes hangs showing up not responding on the title bar. Nothing happens till I reboot. How to fix this.

Re: iTunes freezes on iPad Sync

I think you might have wrongly installed iTunes in your computer. I will recommend you to remove the software first completely from Control Panel > Add Remove program. Then again run a fresh installation. Once you installed it properly without any major file error you can then try to sync it again. Try to use the most latest version of iTunes for no further problem.

Better update your iTunes to the most current version. First of all you will need to install the iPad properly in your Windows. You can check the hardware in Device Manager weather it is correctly installed or not. Update the drivers and update iTunes in the same. Try to check your cable and port properly. See that both are working and if not then look for a replacement.

I am too facing a similar issue. My iTunes gets hangs when I try to sync iPad with it. This also happens in case of iPhone. What happen here when I connect the device it first took a long time to sync. Then when I click inside on anything the application crashed suddenly. I had re-installed iTunes and updated the device driver. Till now it is working.

Check that you are not logged in as a user. If yes then first thing you will have to do is run iTunes as administrator. You can do that by right clicking on the icon and then selecting run as administrator. If ti prompts you for password then provide the same. Now again try to sync the iPad. It will work. Try switching the usb slots of your computer.

Re-installation of iTunes is the best alternative. Use the most recent version. Then you will also have to add new drivers otherwise you will always face this error. Check your usb ports.There can be a damaged port on your system. In many cases this does not work. You can simply use a other software for this. Get the driver updates for iPad from officials site.

I am having a similar problem with my new M15X Alienware laptop running Win 7 64-bit. I can sync the iPad on my other computers just fine using WinXP/Vista. At this point I don't know if it has to do with the chipset, BIOS, drivers, or version of windows I am using.

This is on a fresh install of Win7 + iTunes. I also tried reinstalling iTunes and cannot find newer USB drivers. Hope this is enough info - it has been rather frustrating!

Hi Juason,

You can try this solution that was discussed on the apple forum by some users - you need to first create a new user and log into it. See if iTunes will connect to your iPad without issue. If you can see your iPad and you don't get freezing, it's an issue in your home folder. Unplug your iPad, log out of the new user, and log back into your account. Don't open anything. Go to your iTunes plugins folder, located in Home>Library>iTunes>iTunes Plug-ins. If there's anything in there, move them to your desktop, launch iTunes, and see if you can sync. If you can sync, it was an issue with one of those plug-ins. So if you have any other incompatible plugins then try to remove them and check whether the sync works or not.

It was a fresh install of iTunes and in the 5 minutes it has been up I didn't manually install any plugins. In any case, I'll give it a shot when I get home.

I am beginning to think its a BIOS issue from other peoples' experiences. Man, I've resisted buying an Apple product for so long... it sucks my experience has to be marred by this crap.

I too faced a similar issue and found out that the issue is related to the home folder in mac. For that you might need to create a user account first and then log in that. Now run your iTunes and then connect the ipad. You now does not find theipad getting freezing. Then login to your normal account and then go to ome>Library>iTunes>iTunes Plug-ins. Move all the things from it to the desktop and check back.