Thread: How much time it takes do a restore on iphone 4s

How much time it takes do a restore on iphone 4s

I have recently bought an iphone 4s and I have being trying to do a restore and it has been 3 hours by now and it is appearing to be stuck but then I am not very sure about the same so I just wanted to know How much time it takes do a restore on iphone 4s? is there anyone who has tried out the same before and can help me with the same? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: How much time it takes do a restore on iphone 4s

I have recently bought an iphone 4s and I have being trying to do a restore and it has been 3 hours by now and it is appearing to be stuck but then I am not very sure about the same so I just wanted to know How much time it takes do a restore on iphone 4s? is there anyone who has tried out the same before and can help me with the same? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
    Before I suggest you anything for this I just wanted to know whether you are doing a restore by way of iTunes or by something else?? If your answer is “way of iTunes” then I think that there is something wrong with the process because it should not take so long, I mean that the process should have been finished within 2 hours and so. I will suggest you to restart the phone and then start the process again because if it is really stuck then it will be the same and you will waste more time. Just do a restore again and then everything will be fine again

I am having the same case I mean that when I tried to do a restore than it had been more than 2 hours but then in my case it was not appearing as it has stuck as there was something going on in the progress bar but then it was really taking a lot of time. I finally disconnected it and after that I tried doing the same but then I got the same result the process was not over after 2 hours again. I really don’t know what to do now, I don’t think that I have missed out anything or I have performed something wrong as well but then I am not able to find out the cause of this issue. Is there anyone who can help me out??

Before I suggest you anything for this I just wanted to know whether you are doing a restore by way of iTunes or by something else?? If your answer is “way of iTunes” then I think that there is something wrong with the process because it should not take so long, I mean that the process should have been finished within 2 hours and so. I will suggest you to restart the phone and then start the process again because if it is really stuck then it will be the same and you will waste more time. Just do a restore again and then everything will be fine again
    Hey thanks for that I think that the process had really stuck in between but then now when I disconnected it and did a restore then it was completed in 80 minutes and everything is working fine as well, I really appreciate your help, thanks once again.

I am having the same issue with the ipod that I am using and I don’t think that it should make much difference as compared to the iphone, actually in my case it has been more than 10 hours as I had left the process overnight and when I woke up in the morning than it was still going on, I really don’t know what’s the issue all about and I really don’t want to waste more long hours in the same. I am just not able to sync more songs on my iPod, I am just running out of ideas, is there any trouble shooting methods or some workaround that I can try out to tack out the cause of it?? I really want to complete it soon so any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I was in the same boat, I mean that I expected the process to be completed within 2 hours and so but then it was just going on and on, I was just not getting a way to fix it out and I had tried doing the same for several times after it used to cross 2 hours but then it was not making any difference in my case and finally I left it as it is and after a long 7 hours the process was completed, I don’t think that trying out the same process again and again is a good idea, just leave like that or leave it a overnight and see if you are able to get it work or not. Best of luck.

Can anyone help me as well because I have already tried keeping the process going on for more than 10 hours but then it is just not making any difference and I really doubt that it will work even if I leave it again like that, I think that there is something else going on. Is there anyone who has found the cause of it by now?? I really need a effective solution to get rid of this because I really don’t want to waste more long hours in doing the same?? Please help!!

I have checked out for the cause of this process as it has been raised by a no of people but then unfortunately I have not found an effective solution for the same and I think that repeating the process is only the solution that one can try out, I have also tried to contact the apple support as well and I have got the same response from them as well. So I will suggest you to try out the same once again and see if you are having any luck. The other thing that you can try out is doing a restore on mac, I am not very sure about it but then I have found people mentioning that restoring process takes less time when they use the mac . Just try it out and then let me know what you get.

Hey thanks to you all for your suggestion I have finally made it, I just left the process again overnight thinking that it will take same long hours that it has taken before and had got stuck but then when I checked it after 4 hours than I was really surprised to see that I have finally completed the process. Thanks to you all once again.

I had this issue with my iPhone 4S. After restoring the backup started to say it was going to take 16 hours. I tried to do it overnight, and the same. So I made two changes. Switch to a different USB port on my laptop and replace the cable. One of those two really worked, the same backup was restored in 15 minutes... I believe sometimes (I've seen this before) one port (usb) gets all fxxk up.. and can't work properly.